Sardinia & Corsica Walking & Hiking Tour
The Italian & French Mediterranean
Wander through Sardinia, Italy’s Mediterranean jewel, and hike to old-world towns, secluded coves and along picturesque coastal paths. Then sail across the sea to Corsica, where wild and beautiful landscapes await. Explore pristine beaches, forested trails and enchanting hilltop villages. Three luxurious seaside hotels, two unique islands, one journey you’ll never forget—and far too many treasures to count.
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
France & Italy
Start Olbia, Sardinia / End Ajaccio, Corsica
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Discover crystal-clear lagoons and unforgettable natural beauty in Sardinia, Italy's rugged island paradise
- Hike peaceful coastal routes and idyllic mountain trails on the magnificent Mediterranean isle of Corsica
- Enrich your journey with sumptuous seaside hotel stays and the impeccable flavors of two-Michelin-starred cuisine
- Journey back in time as you walk among authentic villages vibrant with distinct blends of Italian and French culture
6 Days Premiere Hotels
Dive into the cinematic Mediterranean landscapes and one-of-a-kind spirit of Sardinia | Visit the captivating piazza-centered town of San Pantaleo, a haven for artists | Hike rugged seaside trails along the stunning Costa Smeralda, stopping along the way in traditional fishing villages | Hop aboard a boat bound for the undeveloped islands of La Maddalena archipelago | Explore a national park surrounded by sailboat-dotted turquoise waters | Cross the island of Caprera on foot to reach secret coves and unspoiled beaches.
Overlooking the most beautiful bay in Costa Smeralda, this glamorous hotel—a film location for 007: The Spy Who Loved Me—has everything you need for a vibrant Mediterranean vacation. (pool)
Continue your two-island journey in Corsica, nicknamed the Isle of Beauty, where geologic wonders and exquisite landscapes will take your breath away | History comes to life on a walking tour of medieval Bonifacio, one of Corsica’s oldest and prettiest towns | End a day on the trail in the chic coastal town of Porto-Vecchio, gateway to some of the island's best beaches | Dine on two-Michelin-starred cuisine at elegantly modern Casadelmar.
Private seafront terraces, Michelin-starred cuisine, sophisticated modern design and an exclusive beach create an idyllic escape along Corsica's coastline. (pool, spa)
Hike a hand-picked section of the Mare a Mare Trail | Feel lost in time in tiny alpine hamlets hidden among peaks and meadows in the Alta Roca | Perched villages never cease to charm—pause for a café in a quintessential Corsican town | Follow trails among granite slopes and Mediterranean shrubs | Sail from seaside Propriano to the postcard-perfect town of Campomoro | Hike tranquil paths along the coast, passing Corsican villages and ancient Genoese towers | While away the afternoon hours in a lounge chair on our hotel’s guest-only beach.
Elegant, luxurious and serene, this beachfront hotel is surrounded by nature with a private golden-sand beach, lush gardens and sweeping views over the sea. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
SMALL GROUP? TRY RENDEZVOUS | An extra leader and van for even more flexibility | Call us to book your Rendezvous.
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 2-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next—and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do. LEARN MORE.
Note: The terrain on this trip includes backcountry trails, rocky mountain paths and uneven coastal trails. With any route option you choose, be prepared to navigate occasional steep ascents and descents, and keep in mind that the rocky terrain combined with the summer heat can increase the perceived difficulty of your hikes, regardless of distance.
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
To bring you to our favorite parts of Sardinia and Corsica, we make liberal use of shuttles and boats on this trip. So although you'll ride in a shuttle or boat on most days, consider it an opportunity to view some spectacular scenery while resting your legs in preparation for your next activity.