DESTINATION ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
There are currently special requirements for travelers to this region. Learn more.
Sardinia & Corsica Multi-Adventure Tour
Italian & French Mediterranean Isles
Voyage to Sardinia, where white sand meets the blue tones of the Mediterranean Sea. Bike across peaceful archipelagos. Then follow exquisite coastal trails and kayak hidden coves in Corsica, the Island of Beauty. Escape to paradise at tranquil beachfront hotels styled to island perfection. Off the distant coasts of France and Italy, a wildly enchanting adventure awaits.
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
Italy & France
Start Olbia, Sardinia / End Ajaccio, Corsica
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Retreat to the elegantly rugged and abundantly beautiful island landscapes of Sardinia and Corsica
- Bike and hike unspoiled routes from dazzling coastal enclaves to traditional mountain villages
- Kayak, swim and snorkel in the azure waters of pink granite inlets under the Mediterranean sun
- Liberate your senses as you taste the flavors of Mediterranean wine and cuisine at extraordinary seaside hotels
6 Days Premiere Hotels
From the traditional village of San Pantaleo, make your way on foot to Sardinia’s stunning Costa Smeralda, a natural wonderland | Hike scenic coastal trails flanked by pine trees | Explore the turquoise inlets and secret coves of La Maddalena archipelago, where quiet impeccable roads make for sensational cycling | Traverse the beautiful island of Caprera by bike | Visit the one-time home of Giuseppe Garibaldi, a pivotal figure in Italy’s history and unification | Unwind at an oasis by the sea on the Sardinian Coast, where deserted beaches and sparkling sorbet-hued granite rocks meet unbelievably blue lagoons.
Overlooking the most beautiful bay in Costa Smeralda, this glamorous hotel—a film location for 007: The Spy Who Loved Me—has everything you need for a vibrant Mediterranean vacation. (pool)
Cross the strait to the French island of Corsica and the ancient city center of clifftop Bonifacio | A coastal trail leads to secluded beaches perfect for a mid-hike swim | Admire breathtaking views over the gulf of Porto-Vecchio | Relax on a private beach and savor two-Michelin-starred cuisine at our luxurious hotel.
Private seafront terraces, Michelin-starred cuisine, sophisticated modern design and an exclusive beach create an idyllic escape along Corsica's coastline. (pool, spa)
Traverse the island from east to west by bike on pristine routes through the Alta Roca's alpine villages perchés (perched villages) | Stop for a café and croissant in lost-in-time mountain hamlets like Zonza, San-Gavino-di-Carbini or Levie | Experience Corsica’s rugged coastline and bewitching landscapes by boat | Sail across the Valinco gulf to seaside Campomoro | Admire tiny fishing communities and historic Genoese towers from world-class hiking trails | Explore the delightful town of Olmeto | Discover a spectacular underwater world as you kayak and swim in crystalline waters.
Elegant, luxurious and serene, this beachfront hotel is surrounded by nature with a private golden-sand beach, lush gardens and sweeping views over the sea. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy.
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 2-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
To bring you to our favorite parts of Corsica and Sardinia, we make liberal use of shuttles and boats on this trip. So although you'll ride in a shuttle or boat on most days, consider it an opportunity to view some spectacular scenery while resting your legs in preparation for your next activity.