Canadian Rockies Family Multi-Adventure Tour - Teens & Kids
Banff & Yoho's Epic National Parks
Check out those giant deer... Wait—they're elk? What makes the lake so blue? Doesn't even look like real water. There's a bald eagle in that tree. Just saw a marmot, too. I think I see that mountain we hiked on yesterday. We're going rafting tomorrow, and then rock climbing, right? That waterfall is the tallest thing I've ever seen! This family adventure in the Canadian Rockies is the best vacation ever.
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere & Casual Hotels*
Special Kids Prices
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Behold awesome views of Mount Rundle, Cascade Mountain and Lake Minnewanka as you bike through diverse and dramatic terrain
- Rock-climb with expert guides after a short hike along the shoreline of Lake Louise (Just for kids)
- Enjoy a thrilling raft ride on the Kicking Horse River—a splashing good time with professional river guides
- Listen for the early-morning calls of the resident loon at tranquil Emerald Lake, nestled under Mount Burgess and Emerald Peak
6 Days Premiere & Casual Hotels*
Take in views of Mount Rundle and Cascade Mountain while biking from Banff to Lake Minnewanka | Tackle the climb to a beautiful lookout on Mount Norquay | Explore the charming national park town of Banff, the gateway to the Canadian Rockies.
A grand contemporary lodge on Sulphur Mountain with awe-inspiring views of Bow Valley and the surrounding Rockies. Travel + Leisure World's Best. (pool, spa)
There's nothing quite like a morning bike ride past towering peaks, virgin forests and the blue-green Bow River | A short family hiking tour through Johnston Canyon reveals stunning waterfalls | Kids partake in their own fun and games with a special dinner and night out while adults savor epicurean delights | Gaze at the reflection of Mount Victoria in the turquoise waters of Lake Louise | The younger crowd teams up with a local guide for a rock-climbing lesson | Meanwhile the grown-ups embark on a classic Rockies hike to the historic Plain of Six Glaciers Teahouse | Listen for the thunderclap of ice avalanching off distant mountains.
This European-style mountain chalet, set on the Pipestone and Bow Rivers, is the epitome of old-world elegance. A Relais & Châteaux member. Travel + Leisure World's Best. (pool, spa)
Hike to beautiful Moraine Lake for spectacular lake and Wenkchemna Peaks views | Head into Yoho National Park and trek along a forest trail carpeted with buttercups and bunchberry to milky blue Sherbrooke Lake | Rafting on the Kicking Horse River is full of white-water thrills! | Perhaps you'd like to end your family adventures in the Canadian Rockies with an exhilarating polar bear plunge in Emerald Lake.
A secluded turn-of-the-century lodge, built of hand-hewn timber and featuring simple cabins nestled in the woods above a spectacular tree-rimmed glacial lake.
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-3
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
Most activities on this trip take place at elevations of 3,000–6,000 feet, which can make the routes feel more challenging than the mileage may suggest. The hiking terrain on this trip includes rugged mountain trails and well-maintained paths, with some rocky sections and steep descents. The biking routes on this trip are on narrow roads with narrow shoulders with some traffic, but speed limits are reduced in the national parks.
Note that if your child doesn't meet age or other requirements to participate in an activity, one parent must opt out of that activity to remain with the child.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
This trip includes the historic Emerald Lake Lodge, where guest rooms are clean and comfortable, but simpler than the typical Backroads standard. We've chosen this property because of its proximity to our favorite routes and the fantastic setting. Please note that the guest rooms are not equipped with televisions or air-conditioning and do not provide cell or WiFi service.
Post Hotel & Spa is a Premiere Hotel. While it offers outstanding service and amenities, please note that it is not equipped with air-conditioning and guest rooms can occasionally become warm during peak temperatures.