Tuscany Bike Tour - For Families with Adult Kids 20s & Beyond
A Taste of Italy from Pienza to Siena & Chianti
Family — 20s & Beyond
6 days 5 nights
Activity Level: 2-5
Casual & Casual Plus Hotels
From: $4,299 pp dbl occ
($600 for sgl occ)
Ride from one unbelievable view to the next. Marvel at extraordinary Renaissance art and architecture. And savor delicious pecorino cheese, homemade pasta, fruity olive oils and celebrated Chianti and Brunello di Montalcino wines. Few things in this world live up to the hype. We're happy to report that everything you've heard about Tuscany is true. Experience a sweet slice of bella Italia on this family bike tour.
Start Arezzo / End Florence
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Celebrate a quintessential Tuscan experience, biking from south to north through a beautiful rolling landscape
- Taste fine wines in charming enotecas and dine with family on handmade pastas, bruschetta and other local specialties
- Discover some of the region's most celebrated towns, including Pienza, Montalcino, Siena and Radda in Chianti
- Bike peaceful roads and green hills past picturesque Brunello, Chianti Classico and Sangiovese vineyards
6 Days Casual & Casual Plus Hotels
Discover some of the region's most celebrated towns, including World Heritage Pienza, famous for pecorino cheese, exquisite ceramics and Renaissance architecture | Savor a spread of Tuscan specialties | Bike cypress-lined roads into the Val d'Orcia through southern Tuscany's open rolling terrain | Take a stroll with your family along winding streets and in hidden squares in Montepulciano.
This enchanting family-owned hotel overlooks the town's central piazza, whose ancient pool is fed by underground thermal springs. (pool, spa)
Bike through a sea of vineyards as you climb to the wine village of Montalcino | Sample vintages in charming enoteche and take in remarkable views that—clouds willing—reach as far as Siena | Explore Abbazia di Monte Oliveto Maggiore, the region's most notable monastery, where you can still hear monks praying in Gregorian chant.
An agricultural estate standing on a high ridge between the Chiana Valley and the famed Crete Senesi. (pool)
Meet a renowned local author and engage in a fascinating Q&A session | Ride past the Crete Senesi, the dreamlike chalk hills often depicted in 14th- and 15th-century Florentine and Sienese paintings | Sunny sheep-dotted pastures and crumbling stone farmhouses give way to oak woodland and olive groves | Spend some time to explore Siena on your own | Bike undulating hills alongside Chianti Classico and Sangiovese vineyards | Check out ridgetop Radda, the center of Chianti wine production | Pick up a souvenir at Ceramiche Rampini, a family-owned shop offering ceramics hand-painted in the Renaissance tradition.
A tranquil 16th-century villa with wooded grounds, an Italian-style garden and a small church with frescoes by Arcangelo Salimbeni. (pool)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy.
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Looks like you’re traveling with a smaller group
Our Private Trips are best for groups of 6 or more. We suggest joining a scheduled trip.
Please Select a Group Size
Group size is required to show per-person pricing. Your group size can be approximate and can change.
Activity Level: 2-5
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Please note that bike requests are subject to availability and prioritized based on the date they're submitted.
Click the gray arrow to see all bike options.
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage