Mallorca Bike Tour
World-Class Cycling on Spain's Mediterranean Isle
Couples, Friends & Solos
6 days 5 nights
Activity Levels 2-5
From: $5,599 - $6,049 pp dbl occ
($1,500 - $1,850 for sgl occ)
You'll feel Mallorca's irresistible allure from the moment you ease your bike onto the road. Maybe it's the steep peaks and gorges of the Serra de Tramuntana. Or the nearly deserted back roads, where vigorous climbs and curlicue descents thrill cyclists of all persuasions. Or the sea fringed by secret pebble beaches. Come fall in love with it all.
Start/End Palma, Mallorca
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Behold endless vistas of the turquoise Mediterranean Sea from the rocky valleys of the Tramuntana Mountains
- Bike the narrow and curvaceous peninsula road to awe-inspiring Cap de Formentor, at the island’s tip
- Savor delectable seafood and other local specialties during a meal at a former fortress on the Bay of Palma
- Wander through secluded mountain towns and stone terraces, lush and teeming with wild lavender and citrus groves
6 Days Premiere Hotels
Start your journey in the mesmerizing gateway city of Palma | Bike through the countryside, passing picturesque windmills | Feeling energetic? Take on the area’s highest mountain, crowned by a famous pilgrimage spot | Relish fresh seafood on the Bay of Palma | Enjoy Mediterranean views from our exquisite hotel.
Chic contemporary design within a stunning 19th-century fortress, set on 88 acres overlooking the Bay of Palma. A Small Luxury Hotels of the World member. (pool)
Behold the dramatic Serra de Tramuntana mountain range—cycling paradise found! | Ascend the ultra-curvy Orient-Bunyola route on a ride through some of Mallorca's most breathtaking scenery | Wind through pine forests near the monastery that once hosted Frédéric Chopin and George Sand | Overnight in enchanting Valldemossa, once a Moorish hamlet.
Two luxuriously restored 19th-century stone houses that were once part of the Valldemossa Carthusian monastery, with sweeping views of the mountains, town and monastery. A Relais & Châteaux member. (pool, spa)
Explore the island’s western reaches on a coastal ride | Stroll through the perched village of Deiá, source of inspiration for the island’s artists | Relax in the cozy main square of Fornalutx before conquering Mallorca’s highest mountain pass | If you dare, brave the road to Sa Calobra, a thrilling roller coaster of hairpin turns plunging 3,000 feet to the sea | Bike the winding road to Cap de Formentor, a bluff at the northernmost end of the island | Ride along the southern side of the Serra de Tramuntana range into a fertile region dotted with vineyards and olive and walnut trees | Our stylish hideaway provides the perfect setting for post-ride siestas.
A former convent turned sophisticated hotel nestled on a hillside above olive groves and the Bay of Pollença. A Relais & Châteaux member. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy.
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 2-5
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip. (click the arrow to see all available options)
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage