Santa Barbara to Ojai Multi-Adventure Tour - For Families with Teens & Kids
Beaches & Vineyards on California's Central Coast
Family — Teens & Kids
5 days 4 nights
Activity Levels 1-3
From: $3,799 - $4,149 pp dbl occ
($1,000 - $1,050 for sgl occ)
Let loose on an unforgettable family adventure along the sun-drenched Santa Barbara coastline to the inland hideaway of Ojai. Cycle together along seaside bike paths and on quiet country roads. Hang ten while catching a wave. There's nothing quite like wiggling your toes in the soft white sand of California's Pacific coast. See you on the American Riviera!
Start/End Santa Barbara
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Surf like a pro! Kids don wetsuits and learn to catch a wave while adults hike into a lush canyon wilderness
- Savor innovative farm-to-table California cuisine—more than a foodie experience, here it's a way of life
- Cycle along breezy coastal bike paths and follow winding country roads inland to discover secluded valleys
- Embrace the endless summer lifestyle as you paddle your kayak along the Pacific coast to see marine wildlife
5 Days Premiere Hotels
Begin your California family vacation in Ojai, a flower-filled oasis brimming with small-town charm | Admire a rugged landscape dotted with sparkling white rock formations while hiking near Sespe Creek | Settle in at our splendid family-friendly resort | Go for a swim or indulge in a famous Ojai spa treatment before exploring the eclectic restaurants downtown | Bike along the Ojai Valley Trail, a car-free pathway that connects the seaside town of Ventura with inland Ojai | Keep an eye out for seals and surfers along the way | Savor the sweet smell of citrus as you pedal along back roads, passing fragrant groves of Pixie tangerines | Stroll through Ojai's art galleries and browse its outdoor bookstore | Behold the Topatopa Bluffs at sunset.
Where Hollywood's glitterati come to be pampered! This stylish and historic resort offers something for everybody—including a luxurious spa and award-winning restaurant—in a beautiful park-like setting with hillside views in every direction. Travel + Leisure World's Best. (pool, spa)
Cycle along the Pacific Ocean, passing surf breaks, rugged cliffs and elegant ranches | A beachside picnic lunch awaits | Kayak from the white sands of West Beach into gentle ocean waves | Paddle past lush kelp forest, keeping an eye out for friendly seals and the occasional dolphin | Discover bucket-list Santa Barbara | Bike down palm-lined State Street and admire the terra-cotta rooftops and sun-soaked adobe façades of the city’s iconic Spanish-style architecture | Hike a favorite trail to epic coastal views in the Santa Ynez Mountains | Our luxury oceanfront hotel and spa is the perfect place to unwind and connect | Kids get a special dinner of their own and grown-ups enjoy California cuisine at its finest | Grown-ups hike a favorite trail to epic coastal views in the Santa Ynez Mountains while kids head to Goleta beach to "hang ten" in a surf lesson.
An exquisite 78-acre property at the edge of the Pacific Ocean, featuring sea views, two natural beaches and a decadent spa. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-3
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
The majority of our routes are on bike paths but some sections are on roads with traffic. Bike lanes are common but kids should feel comfortable riding with cars.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for bike options specific to this trip (click the arrow to see more). Please note that bike requests are subject to availability and prioritized based on the date they're submitted.
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage