Santa Barbara to Ojai Family Multi-Adventure Tour - Teens & Kids
Classic California & Ojai Valley Fun
Let loose on an unforgettable family adventure along the sun-drenched Santa Barbara coastline to the inland hideaway of Ojai. Cycle together along seaside bike paths and on quiet country roads. Hang ten while catching a wave. There's nothing quite like wiggling your toes in the soft white sand of California's Pacific coast. See you on the American Riviera!
THIS ITINERARY: 5 days, 4 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
Special Kids Prices
Start/End Santa Barbara
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Surf like a pro! Kids don wetsuits and learn to catch a wave while adults hike into a lush canyon wilderness
- Savor the fresh and innovative flavors of locally sourced California cuisine—more than a foodie experience, here it's a way of life
- Cycle along breezy coastal bike paths and follow winding country roads inland to discover secluded valleys
- Embrace the endless summer lifestyle as you paddle your kayak along the Pacific coast to see marine wildlife
5 Days Premiere Hotels
Cruise on a scenic bike path, enjoying sun, surf and pristine beaches | Pass through the spectacular neighborhood of Hope Ranch | Soak up the scene in Santa Barbara’s Funk Zone, filled with galleries, surf shops and wine-tasting rooms | Hike among beautiful wildflowers through a lush canyon | Kids catch a wave during a lesson at Mondos surf break | Visit Old Mission Santa Barbara and its meticulously manicured grounds | Luxuriate at our classic California hideaway overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
From its secluded vantage point high in the hills, this meticulously restored hotel offers understated elegance and glamour in seven acres of enchanting gardens. Travel + Leisure World's Best. (pool, spa)
Sea-kayak among kelp forests in Santa Barbara Harbor | Savor a picnic lunch on Rincon Beach | Ride along the Pacific coast, keeping an eye out for seals and surfers | Bike the Ojai Valley Trail, a car-free pathway that connects the seaside town of Ventura with inland Ojai | Settle in at our splendid resort and go for a swim before a family dinner at one of the eclectic restaurants downtown | Discover Ojai, a flower-filled oasis brimming with small-town charm | Admire a rugged landscape dotted with sparkling white rock formations while hiking near Sespe Creek | Savor the sweet smell of citrus as you bike along back roads, passing fragrant groves of Pixie tangerines | Stroll through Ojai's art galleries and browse its outdoor bookstore | Taste olive oil and learn about its production at a local olive oil farm | Behold the Topatopa Bluffs at sunset.
Where Hollywood's glitterati come to be pampered! This stylish and historic resort offers something for everybody—including a luxurious spa and award-winning restaurant—in a beautiful park-like setting with hillside views in every direction. Travel + Leisure World's Best. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-3
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
The majority of our routes are on bike paths but some sections are on roads with traffic. Bike lanes are common but kids should feel comfortable riding with cars.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage