Germany to Austria Family Multi-Adventure Tour - Teens & Kids
Storybook Bavarian Villages & Dramatic Alps
Interested in a recipe for true splendor? Wildflower pastures and crystal-blue lakes. Centuries-old monastic breweries and family-friendly biergartens. Timeless Bavarian Alps. Combine natural beauty with historical magnificence—then sit back and drink it all in. Your family has discovered life at its finest.
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
Special Kids Prices
Germany & Austria
Start Munich / End Salzburg
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Experience an unforgettable family adventure through the dramatic landscapes of the Alps including a river rafting excursion
- Rollick with the locals and savor typical German brews or juice spritzer and good eats at festive biergartens—fun for all ages!
- Hike to charming storybook villages and ride scenic cable cars in beautiful Bavarian settings with stunning mountain vistas
- Bike quiet roads and hike peaceful paths through pristine forests, past shimmering lakes and over gentle hills
6 Days Premiere Hotels
Ride through a picturesque Bavarian landscape past a 13th-century farmstead, fields of wildflowers and sparkling lakes | Eat, drink and be merry at one of Bavaria's most beautiful biergartens at an ancient monastic brewery | Discover one of nature's finest playgrounds at scenic Lake Tegernsee, encircled by snowcapped peaks.
Situated at the foothills of the Alps on the shore of Lake Tegernsee, this cozy Bavarian chalet is surrounded by nature. A Relais & Châteaux member. (pool, spa)
Hike high into the stunning Alps, climbing past wildlife and taking in views of lovely Bavarian villages below | Savor a hearty meal in a traditional Alm (alpine hut) with the jagged Kaiser Mountains as your backdrop | Learn about German culinary traditions at a famous Bavarian Brauhaus | Pedal back in time through bucolic farmland and quaint villages, seemingly unchanged for centuries | Cruise past the shimmering lakes of Schliersee and Spitzingsee, surrounded by rolling green hills.
This elegant medieval hotel, complete with a two-Michelin-starred restaurant, seamlessly blends luxury and history. (pool, spa)
Learn about the historic rivalry between Bavaria and Tyrol as you explore castle and fortress ruins overlooking the famed Wilder Kaiser Mountains | Stand in awe of the natural beauty of the Kitzbühel area, one of Europe's top outdoor destinations | Float your way through Austrian river gorges and white water | Take a cable car to lofty heights where sweeping views of the Alps come into focus | Swap stories over dinner in a charming Austrian mountain home | Stretch your legs on a final morning hike atop the Kitzbüheler Horn.
This family-owned hotel offers a perfect balance of modern luxury and Tyrolean tradition, and sweeping mountain vistas. A Relais & Châteaux member. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 2-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next—and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do. LEARN MORE.
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
The accommodations on this trip are Premiere Hotels housed in beautiful historic buildings. While they offer outstanding service and amenities, please note that Egerner Höfe Hotel and Hotel Tennerhof are not equipped with air-conditioning. Despite the region's generally temperate climate and cool nights, guest rooms can occasionally become warm during peak temperatures.