Argentina's Mendoza Multi-Adventure Tour
Towering Andes & Wine Country Escapes
Couples, Friends & Solos
7 days 6 nights
Activity Level: 2-4
From: $5,999 - $6,349 pp dbl occ
($1,900 for sgl occ)
Taste full-bodied local Malbecs straight out of award-winning bodegas. Bike along vineyards nestled beneath the Andes’ soaring canyons. Discover the flavors of a vibrant young gastronomy scene. Hike, pedal and sip your way through Mendoza, the heart of Argentina’s wine country.
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Discover Mendoza—renowned for its wine and home to Argentina’s best grapes thanks to the region’s sunlight, good soil and broad temperatures
- Learn about the wine-making process, sample the region’s signature blends and even craft your own
- Explore the majestic foothills of the Andes, ride along vine-laced valley floors and ascend on foot to delicate alpine wetlands
- Experience Argentina’s arts and culture as you dance, sip and savor the local cuisine
7 Days Premiere Hotels*
Arrive in cosmopolitan Mendoza | Bike through the vineyards of the Uco Valley wine region beneath the dramatic peak of the Tupungato Volcano | Enjoy authentic cuisine at an open-flame dinner | Spend a sunny day biking the mountainous roads of a popular local historic loop | Stop to sip celebrated local wines, and even create your own blend | Relax at our luxurious hotel, perhaps opting for a spa treatment.
Hike through the grassy hills of the Andes as majestic condors sail overhead | Immerse yourself in gaucho culture and savor tender grilled beef at a traditional asado | Sample Argentina’s famed yerba maté tea | Hike through the Cordón del Plata mountain range and wetlands | Keep an eye out for herds of llama-like guanaco roaming the area | At the end of the day, relish a delightful dinner.
Bike through the Canyon of Cacheuta and past Potrerillos Lake, where blue waters stand in stark contrast to the rugged mountains | Spend the afternoon on a guided tour and wine tasting at an elegant vineyard | Get your adrenaline pumping as you raft the rushing Mendoza River | Learn how to dance the once forbidden tango | Celebrate the end of your trip with a vineyard walk, gourmet dinner and wine reception | Close out this unforgettable week with a morning ride through the nearby vineyards and quaint towns.
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy.
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Looks like you’re traveling with a smaller group
Our Private Trips are best for groups of 6 or more. We suggest joining a scheduled trip.
Please Select a Group Size
Group size is required to show per-person pricing. Your group size can be approximate and can change.
Activity Level: 2-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
The biking terrain on this trip includes well-paved, mostly quiet roads, though in some sections you may share the road with more traffic. The hikes on this trip take place in mountainous terrain, often with narrow uneven trails and at high elevation. These factors can make our routes feel more challenging than the mileage may suggest.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Please note that bike requests are subject to availability and prioritized based on the date they're submitted.
Click the gray arrow to see all bike options.
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage