Spain's Mallorca Bike Tour
Classic Rides & Mediterranean Bliss
Limestone peaks adorned with wild rosemary, tall pines and olive trees. Lush valleys filled with citrus groves and vineyards that sweep down to the sea. Remote mountain towns and chic beachfront promenades. The poet Robert Graves called Mallorca his home. "Perfect tranquility reigns," he said of this place. Bike these scenic roads. Enjoy a post-ride siesta under the sun. Yes, Mr. Graves, indeed.
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Casual Hotels
Start/End Palma, Mallorca
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Bike coastal routes along the Mediterranean Sea and deserted back roads in the Serra de Tramuntana foothills
- Vacation on a Spanish isle, where peaceful mountain hamlets offer views from peaks to playas (beaches)
- Sip exquisite wine and dine on fresh-caught seafood, all paired with an extraordinary World Heritage landscape
- Challenge yourself on bucket-list rides like Mallorca’s Cap de Formentor and Sa Calobra on an island made for cycling
6 Days Casual Hotels
Welcome to Mallorca, a recreational cyclist’s dream and prime training ground for the pros | Ride through a picturesque Mediterranean landscape where traditional stone walls divide stretches of farmland passed from one generation to the next | Hop off your bike for a stroll through the beautiful seaside village of Alcúdia | Sip a coffee on the tree-shaded terrace of one of the town’s inviting cafés | Pedal along the azure sea to reach our boho-chic hideaway on the bay of Pollença | Gear up for an epic ride to the lighthouse at Formentor | Perfect winding roads with stellar views of the Mediterranean Sea wow at every turn | Feel the breeze on your face as you make the final smile-inducing descent back to Port de Pollença | Grab a refreshing aperitif by the beach at sunset | Head into the foothills of the dramatic Serra de Tramuntana range – one of the finest riding destinations in the world | Roll through the slopes of Mallorca’s wine country and sample its delicious product at dinner.
Built in the 1920's and nestled on the shores of Pollença Bay, this elegant retreat blends classic Mallorcan design with contemporary décor and airy common spaces. (pool, spa)
Once-in-a-lifetime biking awaits in the Tramuntana peaks | Cycle through the Soller Valley and past the otherworldly limestone rocks and caves that help shape this stunning slice of Spain | Lunch among the citrus groves in charming Fornalutx | Lay your eyes on the incomparable Sa Calobra ride, a thrilling roller coaster of hairpin turns plunging 3,000 feet to the sea | Head to the island’s west coast for dazzling views of the sea | Give your pedals a rest and slip on your hiking shoes for an unforgettable coastal hike | Savor bright flavors and fresh catch during festive Mallorcan meals in delightful Llucalcari | Embrace the siesta lifestyle at our idyllic oasis near the perched artist town of Deiá.
This modern boutique hotel sits on the bluffs of the majestic Serra de Tramuntana mountains and features outstanding views.
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 2-5
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next—and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do. LEARN MORE.
Available Bike Options
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage