Croatia Bike Tour - For Families with Adult Kids 20s & Beyond
Sapphire Waters of the Dalmatian Coast
Family — 20s & Beyond
6 days 5 nights
Activity Levels 2-4
From: $4,799 - $5,349 pp dbl occ
($700 - $1,150 for sgl occ)
Sapphire waters and whitewashed villages. Over 200 days of yearly sunshine. Marvel at sublime Adriatic vistas while you pedal. Then be a part of the view as you and your family sail between islands. It's as relaxing as the Caribbean, as historic as Venice. It's a destination reborn, yet it still feels like, as the Croatians say, "The Mediterranean as it once was."
Start Split / End Dubrovnik
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Island-hop and bike along the Dalmatian Coast, home to sapphire sea views, pristine beaches and hidden coves
- Savor the freshest seafood and regional cuisine, and sample wines made from Croatia's sprawling vineyards
- Delve into the ancient secrets of Dubrovnik, an architectural gem often referred to as the Pearl of the Adriatic
- Discover the sun-drenched Adriatic, wander cobblestone streets and connect with our long-time local friend
6 Days Casual Hotels*
Set out for a ride through the Croatian hinterland from bustling Split, home to Roman Emperor Diocletian's Palace | Spin through the Dinaric Alps' stunning karst landscape | Follow the Cetina River to seaside Omiš, a medieval pirate haven | Relish garden-fresh Croatian cuisine in the quiet coastal village of Duće.
Views of the Adriatic and Brač Island abound at this modern seaside hotel. (pool, spa)
Sail to Brač, renowned for its white stone | Pedal past seaside villages and picturesque stone walls | Head to Hvar, a chic isle where average annual "sun fall" is 2,724 hours | Enjoy a home-cooked meal made with vegetables fresh from a local garden | Ride amid jagged limestone cliffs and endless rosemary and lavender fields | Take the plunge in refreshing waters off quiet beaches | Behold brilliant sunsets from Hvar Town harbor.
Set on an idyllic bay and surrounded by thick pines. (pool)
Bike a hilly route around Korčula Island, lush with vineyards, olive groves and forests | Discover elegant Korčula Town, a fortified medieval village and former Venetian settlement—it's a reputed birthplace of Marco Polo.
Set on a point that juts out into the Adriatic, this hotel boasts spectacular views of Korčula Town across the harbor. (pool)
Cycle past charming villages and savor lovely ocean vistas | Turrets, spires and tiled roofs add the finishing touch to Dubrovnik, an architectural masterpiece and World Heritage site | Enjoy dinner in Dubrovnik's old town | Take in views of this World Heritage site during a guided walk of the historic center, surrounded by magnificent city walls.
This sleek hotel boasts a peaceful setting outside the city center and a rooftop pool with unparalleled Adriatic views. (pool)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 2-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
The Dalmatian Coast's landscape is characterized by constant rises and valleys, and the continuously rolling terrain (as well as summertime heat) can make routes feel more challenging than the mileage may suggest.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for bike options specific to this trip (click the arrow to see more). Please note that bike requests are subject to availability and prioritized based on the date they're submitted.
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage