Canadian Rockies Family Heli-Hiking Tour - 20s & Beyond
Beautiful Lake Louise & Heli-Hiking in the Bugaboos
Welcome to an incomparable family adventure! By helicopter, fly to areas so remote it would be an epic challenge to get there on your own—if you could get there at all. Immerse yourself in the dramatic solitude. Cherish it on stunning hikes amid jagged peaks, sparkling lakes and glaciated terrain. Affectionately known as "The Bugs," stand in awe amid the wondrous granite spires of the Bugaboos. They're wild and remote, and we're ready to take your family there.
THIS ITINERARY: 5 days, 4 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Access the heart of Western Canada's remote and extraordinary alpine terrain, unleashing your sense of adventure
- Hike amid undiscovered alpine sites—glistening glaciers, lush meadows, pristine lakes, hanging valleys, tumbling waterfalls and extraordinary ridgelines
- Embark on a breathtaking Canadian Rockies National Park experience, hiking from impossibly blue Lake Louise to the Plain of Six Glaciers Teahouse
- Reach otherwise inaccessible terrain by helicopter to explore unforgettable alpine meadows, gaze at surreal granite spires and discover wild rock formations bursting out of glacial ice and snow
5 Days Premiere Hotels
Enjoy dramatic views of Mount Victoria and the Victoria Glacier on your hike to the rustic Plain of Six Glaciers Teahouse | Trek along the Highline Trail to Lake Agnes and pass Mirror Lake | Enjoy breathtaking glimpses of exquisitely blue glacier-fed Lake Louise.
This luxurious hotel in Banff National Park is surrounded by the dramatic Victoria Glacier, mountains and a glacial blue lake and offers easy access to scenic hiking trails and canoeing adventures. Travel + Leisure World's Best. (pool, spa)
Lift off for an exhilarating helicopter flight to Bugaboo Lodge | Soar by helicopter to access some of the world's most picturesque mountains—unspoiled spectacular landscapes of wildflower-strewn meadows, jewel-colored lakes and immense glaciers | Hike across ridgelines weaving up and down through cirques and hanging valleys, taking in views of surrounding peaks and glaciers | Choose to trek on a glacier or climb a via ferrata near the towering granite cathedrals of the Bugaboo spires | Relax with your family at the lodge, rejuvenate in the outdoor hot tub and step out for unforgettable stargazing | Journey to Kootenay National Park and walk above Marble Canyon, crossing narrow bridges | Hear the roar of Tokumm Creek crashing below | Explore the Paint Pots—a group of three iron-rich cold mineral springs that bubble up and stain the earth a deep red-orange.
The great spires of the Bugaboos tower above this remote wilderness lodge which features a wood-and-stone bar, sauna and rooftop hot tub with staggering views. Rooms are simple with alpine charm.
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 2-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
The allure of heli-hiking is that you can reach normally inaccessible and remote locations where well-formed trails do not exist. During these excursions, the guides from Canadian Mountain Holidays facilitate our passage by tracing obscure alpine and subalpine paths, leading us through valleys and meadows to the shores of glacial lakes or following the inclines and declines of rocky alpine ridgelines in the midst of glaciers and granite spires. Our hiking routes take place at higher altitudes on uneven rocky and loamy terrain that can have some significant elevation gains and losses, which makes this heli-hiking vacation challenging but extremely rewarding.
Daily Route Options
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
On this trip we travel by helicopter (seating 14 passengers) to reach the remote region and activities this destination has to offer.