DESTINATION ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
There are currently special requirements for travelers to this region. Learn more.
Switzerland Family Multi-Adventure Tour - Teens & Kids
Swiss Alps Chalets, Charm & Chocolate
Ready to play in the Swiss Alps? Soar to majestic peaks on gondolas. Ride cogwheel trains to charming towns. Pedal past glacier-fed waterfalls, hike through green valleys and ferry across alpine lakes. Ride Trotti bikes and taste the world's best fondue. After a day of adventure, relax in luxurious chalets, hot chocolate in hand. Come explore Switzerland's playground!
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
Special Kids Prices
Start Kandersteg / End Interlaken
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Hike through the alpine countryside, complete with glaciers, meadows, impossibly blue lakes and plenty of fresh air
- Ride through archetypal Swiss villages with cheery wooden chalets and kayak on turquoise Lake Brienz
- Bike or take a scenic train ride along teal-colored Lake Thun, then hop aboard a cogwheel train
- Luge down a mountainside and adventure through an exciting high ropes course (Just for kids)
6 Days Premiere Hotels
Enjoy fresh mountain air amid glaciers, meadows and deep-blue lakes | Commute the Swiss way: by chairlift! | Hike on a ridge above Lake Oeschinen, where snowy peaks cap limestone cliffs | Relish a cup of cocoa at a traditional alpine hut | Youngsters and the young-at-heart delight in a summer luge ride with spectacular views of the Kandersteg Valley.
A family-run alpine retreat surrounded by verdant forests and soaring snowcapped mountains. A Relais & Châteaux member. (pool, spa)
Ride past the turquoise waters of Lake Thun en route to Interlaken | Easy cycling leads past cheery wooden chalets to lakeside Thun | Hop aboard a cogwheel train bound for Grindelwald | An alphorn serenade—music to a cow’s ears and perhaps yours too | The famed Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau tower above the emerald-green landscape | Trek from First Peak to Bachalpsee, one of Switzerland's most beautiful lakes | Kids choose to either take on the thrilling Pfingstegg toboggan run or the Seilpark, a challenging high ropes course | Adults explore the mountain resort of Grindelwald | Let loose on an exhilarating descent by Trotti bikes into Grindelwald Valley.
Catch stunning views of Eiger's north face from this luxurious chalet-style hotel. (pool, spa)
Hike among giants on the impressive north face of the Eiger Trail, one of Switzerland's most famous paths | Bike to Meiringen Valley, the setting for Sherlock Holmes’ epic last battle against his nemesis, Professor Moriarty, in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s The Final Problem | Families see stunning Reichenbach Falls, then take to the water on kayaks | Walk through the peaceful forest of Iseltwald.
Elegance and old-world charm reign at this turreted beauty in a picturesque setting by Lake Brienz and the Giessbach Falls. (pool)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
The walking and hiking terrain on this trip follows a mix of dirt paths and paved and gravel roads. Most of our hikes take place at elevations of 4,000–7,000 feet, which can make the routes feel more challenging than the mileage may suggest. The biking terrain on this trip varies from level to rolling with a few steeper climbs. Most of our rides are on car-free bike paths; the Backroads support van will intersect with the routes at strategic points.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
For the best riding in Switzerland, we've chosen a combination of small quiet roads and some unpaved bike paths with short stretches of limited van support. Our bikes are equipped with slightly wider tires to accommodate the path and trail surfaces.
While the hotels on this trip offer outstanding service and amenities, please note that they are not equipped with air-conditioning and guest rooms can occasionally become warm during peak temperatures.