Oregon's Cascades & Crater Lake Multi-Adventure Tour
Bend, the Cascades & the Deschutes River
So many things to be excited about. Hiking along lush forested river trails and biking down a scenic byway through the foothills of the Cascades. Slashing and rafting on the rollicking Deschutes River. An overnight at the historic Crater Lake Lodge. "It's so blue!" uttered over and over. Don't be surprised—Crater Lake really is that blue and containing your excitement is no small task.
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels*
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Embark on exhilarating routes amid ever-changing scenery in Central Oregon's rugged high country
- Hike the high-desert trails of Smith Rock for out-of-this-world views of the Cascade Mountains
- Explore Bend, Oregon's adventure playground with more breweries per capita than anywhere else in the state
- Bike the rim of Crater Lake's world-famous caldera—one of the most spectacular rides in America
6 Days Premiere Hotels*
Cycle through the heart of Central Oregon beside the mighty Deschutes River | Cruise into Bend, the state's adventure capital, then park your bike and see what's on tap at a local craft brewery | Hike in Oregon's rugged high-desert wonderland of sagebrush and rock spires | At Smith Rock State Park, follow a trail alongside the Crooked River or ascend Misery Ridge for closer views of colorful Red Wall and Monkey Face, popular among rock climbers | Spend a leisurely afternoon in downtown Bend perusing shops and galleries or joining a guided heritage tour.
A luxury boutique hotel ideally located amid the shops, galleries, cafés and brewpubs of vibrant downtown Bend.
Bike into Deschutes National Forest on a locals' favorite ride, where glistening alpine lakes share the expansive high desert with forests of pine, fir and hemlock | Enjoy lunch with dramatic views of Mount Bachelor | Meander along a riverside trail, watching placid waters transform into dramatic waterfalls | Raft through Class II–III rapids as the Deschutes winds through lush woodland.
Situated in the pristine natural setting of the Cascade Range foothills, this top-notch resort is a mecca for outdoor enthusiasts and culinary aficionados. (pool, spa)
Welcome to Crater Lake National Park—ready to ride the iconic Rim Drive? | As you circle the rim of this enormous caldera, admire the lake’s intense sapphire color and amazing clarity | Each curve in the road brings another incredible vista, from the cinder cone of Wizard Island to the 9,000-foot peak of Mount Scott | Unwind at the lodge or explore the spectacular landscape on foot | Hike up Garfield Peak for a stunning bird's-eye-view of the lake and its surrounds.
Perched on the crater's rim, this classic national park lodge transports you to a bygone era.
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next—and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do. LEARN MORE.
Note: Biking terrain ranges from mellow valley rides to mountainous riding around Mount Bachelor and Crater Lake. Hiking terrain ranges from easygoing riverside paths to rocky trails in Smith Rock State Park and at elevation in Crater Lake National Park.
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
Crater Lake Lodge is a historic national park property that offers simpler accommodations than typical Backroads lodging. It has been selected for its stunning location on the rim of Crater Lake, and its access to world-class riding. Although clean and comfortable, the guest rooms are basic and are not equipped with televisions or air-conditioning (nights are usually cool due to the high elevation). Generally speaking, service can seem slow and casual in national parks when compared with the high standards of hospitality found on other Backroads trips.