MAKE IT PRIVATE!
Base price now offered with only 6 guests for 2020 trips. LEARN MORE
San Juan Islands Multi-Adventure Tour
San Juan, Orcas & Vancouver Islands
Welcome to the San Juan Islands and Canada's Vancouver Island, where the summer sun shines, the sea glistens and the pace of life slows. Find your rhythm biking along quiet country roads, spend time kayaking in peaceful inlets and relish hiking amid old-growth forests. A hidden gem of the Pacific Northwest, this natural playground is perfect for an outdoor adventure.
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
Start Anacortes / End Anacortes or Seattle
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Soak up postcard-perfect Pacific Northwest scenery as you ferry from island to island with the locals
- Bike through majestic fir and cedar forests, explore driftwood beaches and savor the day's fresh catch
- Keep your eyes peeled on our wildlife cruise—the chance to spot whales from the open water is a thrill!
- Admire views of emerald islands, Mount Baker and Canada's coastal peaks from atop Mount Constitution
6 Days Premiere Hotels
Ferry to Orcas Island for a fantastic day of hiking around Moran State Park, a nature-lover's paradise of 5,000 wooded acres | Enjoy a bald eagle's-eye view from atop Mount Constitution where you can take in views of the San Juan archipelago, Mount Rainier, Mount Baker and the Olympic Range | Kick back and watch the sunset from the porch at our bayfront resort in Eastsound.
It's a short walk to the private beach and the shops and galleries of downtown from this retreat at the water's edge.
Look for minke whales and majestic orcas during our wildlife-watching cruise with a local naturalist | Hop on your bike and spin past secluded bays and driftwood beaches on San Juan Island | Settle in at our sophisticated boutique hotel overlooking the harbor | Bike along San Juan's stunning western shore to a bluff with vistas of Haro Strait and enjoy a thrilling descent to South Beach | Pause in False Bay to look for sea creatures in the tide pools | Sea kayak through peaceful inlets—you might spot harbor seals or otters napping in the kelp canopies.
Described by Andrew Harper as an "appealing contemporary island lodge affording exceptional views of the San Juan Channel."
Oh, Canada! This is island-hopping at its best | British Columbia brings a whole new dimension to your northwest adventure | A hike on Mount Work offers striking views of Vancouver Island, the Olympic Mountains and the surrounding Gulf Islands | Immerse yourself in Victoria's old-world charm during a walk along the waterfront | Feast your eyes on world-renowned Butchart Gardens, featuring 55 acres of exquisite flowers and plants | Paddle your kayak across a deep glacial fjord.
Perched on a forested hillside with spectacular bay vistas, this chic boutique resort features a blend of West Coast and Asian styles. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-3
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next—and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do. LEARN MORE.
Note: The San Juan Islands' landscape is characterized by constant rises and valleys. The continuously rolling terrain can make the routes, which include sections of chip-sealed pavement, feel more challenging than the mileage may suggest.
Available Bike Options
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage