Bend Oregon & the Cascades Family Multi-Adventure Tour - Teens & Kids
Crater Lake, Smith Rock & the Deschutes River
Family — Teens & Kids
6 days 5 nights
Activity Levels 1-3
From: $3,899 - $4,199 pp dbl occ
($800 for sgl occ)
Settle into the pace of river culture and let “go with the flow” become your family’s weeklong mantra. Invite the current of the ultimate summer vacation to carry you from world-class biking and hiking routes to a raft down the Deschutes. Meander from vibrant Bend to Sunriver’s high-desert landscapes, then arrive at stunning Crater Lake and dive on in. In Central Oregon, there’s fun for the young and young-at-heart at every turn.
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Bike family-friendly bike routes in and around Bend, Oregon’s premiere adventure playground
- Raft the mighty Deschutes, rock climb in Smith Rock State Park and spend a day at iconic Crater Lake
- Experience the unique culture and pace of ranch life in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains
- Waterslide to your heart’s content at our resort in Sunriver – there’s something for every age here!
6 Days Premiere Hotels
Discover the unique geology and beautiful landscapes of Central Oregon | Kick off your family adventure in Bend, the state's adventure capital | In Smith Rock State Park, hike amid sagebrush and red rock spires alongside the Crooked River | Kids belay on and join an expert in a beginner’s rock-climbing class | Soak up expansive views of the Cascades as you bike past sprawling high-desert ranchland and beside the grand Deschutes River | Oregon’s legendary food trucks provide irresistible options for lunch | Stroll downtown Bend’s charming streets packed with art galleries and cafés or opt for a mellow river float | Settle into our eco-chic hotel in the heart of this beloved city.
A luxury boutique hotel ideally located amid the shops, galleries, cafés and brewpubs of vibrant downtown Bend.
Bike a favorite route into Deschutes National Forest, home to towering peaks and lush forests of pine, fir and hemlock | Enjoy lunch with dramatic views of Mount Bachelor | Kids join Sunriver’s professional guides and take in the scene on horseback | Hike with a naturalist and learn about the area’s magnificent flora and fauna | Raft through Class II–III rapids as the Deschutes winds through beautiful woodland | Welcome to Crater Lake National Park—it’s a full day of boating and the option to swim at this sapphire lake, sure to be a highlight of the week | Ride to the volcanic wilderness of Lava Beds National Monument | At our resort, the younger set splashes down waterslides | Grown-ups sip craft beer from award-winning breweries.
Situated in the pristine natural setting of the Cascade Range foothills, this top-notch resort is a mecca for outdoor enthusiasts and culinary aficionados. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-3
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
Biking terrain ranges from mellow valley rides to mountainous riding. Hiking terrain ranges from easygoing riverside paths to rocky trails in Smith Rock State Park and at elevation in Crater Lake National Park.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage