Maine's Acadia Family Multi-Adventure Tour - Teens & Kids
National Park Adventure in the Northeast
Down East Maine is calling. The raw adventure of biking rocky shorelines, the exhilaration of hiking to spectacular ocean vistas and the old-fashioned charm of boating and fishing villages beckon. Fresh seafood dinners and pampering spa treatments tempt. Say yes to it all and escape with your family to Maine!
THIS ITINERARY: 5 days, 4 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
Special Kids Prices
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Discover the storybook landscapes of Maine, including towering firs and crashing surf in magnificent Acadia National Park
- Ascend Mount Battie on foot for panoramic views of Penobscot Bay and ride through oceanside summer villages
- Relish the mouthwatering experience of fresh Maine lobster and enjoy the kids tales of meeting—and even touching—underwater creatures
- Bike through Acadia National Park's woodland on the famous and serene car-free carriage roads, built in the early 1900s
5 Days Premiere Hotels
Bike among majestic firs, rocky coastline and dramatic surf in Acadia National Park | Ride past Hadlock Pond, Jordan Pond, Eagle Lake and stone arched bridges on the park's famous network of car-free carriage roads | Spectacular vistas abound as you cycle past classic Acadia scenery like Sand Beach, Thunder Hole and Cadillac Mountain | Kids have the chance to meet sea creatures on an interactive boat tour | Hike to Great Head for gorgeous views over the east side of Acadia and dip your toes in the chilly Atlantic Ocean!
Spectacular views and elegant accommodations await at this luxury boutique hotel on Frenchman Bay. (pool, spa)
Discover the understated beauty of Maine's coastline as you bike along Penobscot Bay, passing quaint summer communities with classic New England cottages constructed in the 1800s | Have a splashing good time at Norton Pond, where we stop for a picnic lunch and a refreshing swim | Lounge by our resort's waterfront pool or choose from one of their many family-friendly activities—perhaps tennis or croquet | Stretch your legs on a hike up Mount Battie in Camden Hills State Park for 360-degree views of lakes, Penobscot Bay and dozens of outer islands | Duck into the woods for a walk through airy pine forest | Embark on a sea-kayaking tour of Rockland Harbor, paddling by working lobster boats and keeping an eye out for resident seals | Before a celebratory picnic, explore Rockland Breakwater, a unique granite path that juts almost a mile into the bay with a 1902 lighthouse sitting at its end.
This luxurious coastal 230-acre retreat offers numerous amenities including a pool carved into the hillside with sweeping bay vistas and a premiere golf course. Travel + Leisure World's Best. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-3
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
Maine's landscape is characterized by constant rises and valleys, and the continuously rolling terrain can make routes feel more challenging than the mileage may suggest. Liberal van shuttling is incorporated into the itinerary and mileage is moderate to enable you to spend more time exploring on your own.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 3 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
Acadia National Park prohibits commercial bike groups to ride motorized devices (including e-bikes) on their carriage roads. On one day of this trip our route includes a ride on Acadia's carriage roads; e-bike users will have to pedal their bike without the battery in this section. Your Backroads Trip Leaders will handle the removal and return of your batteries.