California Wine Country Bike Tour
Napa & Sonoma Vineyards, Redwoods & Pacific Coast
Legendary Napa Valley & Sonoma vineyards. Soaring redwood forests. And the dramatic Sonoma Coast. This is Northern California. And for you, it's a fantastic week and an incredible California Wine Country bike tour. Wine tastings and gourmet meals enlighten your palate. Stunning scenery invigorates. And top-notch spas relax and rejuvenate... all in one remarkable place simply known as the Wine Country.
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
Start Napa / End Healdsburg
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Bike through five valleys of vineyards, enjoying abundant opportunities for wine tasting at sensational wineries
- Immerse yourself in Armstrong Redwoods State Reserve where the serenity of 1,000-year-old trees will enchant you
- Savor seriously good food, inspired by local vintages and the freshest California ingredients
- Relish in the views as we cycle to the small town of Bodega Bay on the dramatic Pacific coast
6 Days Premiere Hotels
Sip, swish and cycle your way through Napa Valley | Bike past famed wineries along the Silverado Trail | Visit galleries, markets and tasting rooms in the quaint California towns of Yountville and Calistoga | Post-ride, settle into our valley oasis, an Auberge property, and perhaps opt to visit its stellar spa | Bike past celebrated cabernet grape vines and bike off-the-beaten-path roads through Pope Valley.
Set on 22 acres surrounded by the Mayacamas and Palisades Mountains, Solage offers a blend of urban chic and Wine Country casual. Pamper yourself at Spa Solage, followed by a delicious meal at Solbar. Travel + Leisure World's Best. (pool, spa)
Vineyards give way to eucalyptus groves, world-famous creameries and wide-open cattle country as you bike toward the ocean | Bike tour over windswept headlands to Bodega Bay, nestled along the dramatic Pacific coast | Relax and recharge while you take in expansive ocean views from our lodge’s idyllic hot tub.
Overlooking Doran Beach State Park, a coastal retreat with sweeping bay views. (pool, spa)
Bike past rugged beaches before heading inland along the Russian River | Wander through charming Healdsburg—its tasting rooms and restaurants might tempt you to stay awhile | Sampling opportunities abound in Alexander and Dry Creek Valleys, where dozens of wineries line our route | Enjoy a classic Wine Country bike tour past manicured vineyards | A special farewell dinner adds a flourish to an unforgettable week.
Sleek and sophisticated, this hotel on the town plaza gets rave reviews for its contemporary interior and plush amenities. Travel + Leisure World's Best. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 2-5
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
California Wine Country is popular with cyclists and drivers alike. While Backroads strives to find routes that are quiet and off the beaten track, some route on this trip follow more heavily trafficked roads for a small portion of the ride. Of course, you're always welcome to jump in the shuttle to avoid the busier roads.