Santa Barbara to Ojai Bike Tour
West Coast Beaches & California Cool
Let's see. How a spa visit feels after a glorious bike ride along rolling hills to the boutique wineries of the Santa Ynez Valley. How exquisite our evening meal tastes after cycling down the coast to the heart of Ojai Valley. Let's enjoy the best of biking with the best of everything. The American Riviera. A foodie's paradise. Luxury Hotels. And sunsets that just don't quit. Let's, shall we?
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
Start/End Santa Barbara
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Explore California's "other Wine Country"—the back roads and authentic tasting rooms of the Los Olivos area feel just like Napa in the 1970s
- Cruise on two wheels down serene palm-fringed bike paths that spread out along the sun-kissed coast of the American Riviera
- Choose from a wealth of diversions along the way—quaint towns, historic sites, a beach boardwalk and stunning views of the Pacific
- Feel the laid-back vibe and small-town charm of Ojai, where natural beauty and an independent spirit merge within a bountiful valley
6 Days Premiere Hotels
After traveling from artsy Santa Barbara, cycle into the mountains of the Santa Ynez Valley for views of vineyards and rolling countryside | Sample Syrah made from the region's oldest vines | A pastoral inland route leads past orchards and ranches | The town of Los Olivos welcomes us with Victorian architecture, an eclectic art scene and friendly tasting rooms | Roadside lavender farms provide a splash of color (and aroma!) along the way.
Each room at this elegant boutique hotel, which dates back to 1888, features a private fireplace. (pool, spa)
Ease into the SoCal scene as you cruise a breezy route on two wheels, taking in dramatic views of the Pacific coastline | Bike into El Pueblo Viejo, an architectural mecca of iconic red-tile roofs and whitewashed adobe walls | Visit the city’s cultural and historic landmark, an 18th-century Spanish mission | Pedal up the classic Gibraltar climb for epic views of the coastline | Fast-forward to cutting-edge contemporary when you visit Santa Barbara’s hip Funk Zone.
From its secluded vantage point high in the hills, this meticulously restored hotel offers understated elegance and glamour in seven acres of enchanting gardens. Travel + Leisure World's Best. (pool, spa)
Ride along the Pacific Ocean, keeping an eye out for seals and surfers | Pedal on the Ojai Valley Trail, a bike pathway that connects the seaside town of Ventura with the desert oasis of Ojai | Enjoy a wine tasting at our elegant resort, go for a swim or indulge in a famous Ojai spa treatment | Discover delightful Ojai, a flower-filled city brimming with small-town charm | Savor the sweet smell of citrus as you bike past groves of Pixie tangerines | Stroll through Ojai’s art galleries and browse its outdoor bookstore | Taste olive oil at a local farm | Behold the pink Topatopa Bluffs at sunset.
Where Hollywood's glitterati come to be pampered! This stylish and historic resort offers something for everybody—including a luxurious spa and award-winning restaurant—in a beautiful park-like setting with hillside views in every direction. Travel + Leisure World's Best. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next—and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do. LEARN MORE.
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage