New York's Finger Lakes Bike Tour
Lakes & Vineyards in Upstate New York
Couples, Friends & Solos
5 days 4 nights
Activity Levels 2-4
From: $4,799 - $4,999 pp dbl occ
($1,100 for sgl occ) plus 8.00% tax
Lakes and forest. It’s a match as tailor-made as wine and cheese. Who knew that here in the sleepy backwaters of New York State, you can pair both. And that’s not the only iconic duo. Bicycles and winding country roads. Colonial villages and handsome inns. It’s far from the beaten track. Yet it’s all right at your fingertips.
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Discover a region of New York lost in the upstate woods, where shimmering lakes nestle between tree-covered hillsides
- Bike along Owasco, Cayuga, Seneca and Canandaigua Lakes as you embark from one lake to the next
- Taste the renowned wines of the Finger Lakes region at charming vineyards strung along our route, where a Riesling is best paired with a view
- Relax in quaint historic towns like Aurora and Seneca Falls, which have long catered to a certain kind of visitor ready for a slower pace
5 Days Premiere Hotels
A pastoral patchwork of fields makes for the perfect warm-up ride as you pedal the scenic route from Owasco Lake to Cayuga Lake | Bike from vineyard to vineyard and savor each winery’s vibe | Take a moment to hop off your bike and taste the local flavors at an optional wine tasting | Enjoy the warm welcome of a country store and delicious farm-to-table cuisine at a bistro where we break for lunch | Our lakeside hotel offers stand-up paddleboards, kayaks and yoga when you’re ready for a change of pace.
This lovingly designed concept resort unites five historic mansions under a single brand while respecting their places in the village of Aurora, within walking distance on elm-lined Main Street. (spa)
Our journey continues as we along the shores of Cayuga Lake | See where history was made in Seneca Falls, home of the 1848 convention which kickstarted the women’s suffrage movement | This town was also the real-life model for the setting of the classic movie It's a Wonderful Life | Drink in the tranquil views over a picnic lunch by the water | Eager for more saddle time? Spend the day touring as you cycle a complete loop around the gorgeous Canandaigua Lake, admiring the woodsy scenes and charming lakeside neighborhoods | Boats creak and shift in the nearby harbor as we toast to a dreamy week in our hotel’s elegant tavern.
Crisp whitewash, warm pine furnishings and windows brimming with light infuse this chic property with all the charm of the old Northeast. Travel + Leisure World’s Best. (spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 2-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for bike options specific to this trip (click the arrow to see more). Please note that bike requests are subject to availability and prioritized based on the date they're submitted.
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage