Berlin to Prague Bike Tour
Captivating Capitals & Countryside
Begin in fascinating Berlin. Famously progressive, yet profuse with stirring reminders of its tumultuous past. Then travel from opulent Prussian palaces to picturesque vineyards along the Elbe. Cross into the Czech Republic and cycle through quaint half-timbered villages and amid forested hills. With captivating Prague as the finale, you have reason to extend your vacation just a little longer. On both ends.
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
Start Berlin / End Prague
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Discover the World Heritage site of Potsdam and the Biosphere Reserve of Spreewald, where forests and charming villages abound
- Experience Germany by bike and from every angle—quiet countryside, urban landscapes and cultural discoveries
- Toast the local culture—sip Elbe Valley Rieslings and taste some of the best beers in the world!
- Cycle the Czech countryside on roads through evergreen woodland and rolling pastures featuring serene hamlets
6 Days Premiere Hotels
Meander by bike through forests and lakes, taking in the green spaces on the outskirts of Germany's capital city | See remnants of the infamous barrier that once separated West Berlin and East Germany | Admire Cecilienhof Palace, where the fate of post-war Germany was decided | Meet our friend Vera, a former member of Parliament and East German civil rights activist | The breathtaking Sanssouci Park greets you in Potsdam, one of the country's most beautiful World Heritage sites | Bike in Spreewald Biosphere Reserve, a world of verdant forests, marshes, charming old-world towns and shimmering waterways | Cruise down an enchanting canal on a traditional punt boat | Savor a Michelin-starred meal in a refreshingly casual ambience.
Established in 1750 by King Frederick the Great, this retreat offers serene surroundings, a world-class spa and Michelin-starred restaurant. (pool, spa)
The baroque splendor of Dresden—from the glorious Zwinger palace to the stunningly restored Frauenkirche church—is truly unforgettable | Witness Germany's pacesetting environmental efforts as you cycle past nature reserves, sunflower fields and organic farms | Discover 18th-century Schloss Moritzburg, a picturesque castle surrounded by a reflecting pond | Enjoy a private wine tasting in Radebeul while pedaling through some of Europe's northernmost vineyards.
Originally a palace built in 1708 by Augustus the Strong, this meticulously restored hotel offers a mix of old-world splendor and contemporary chic in the historic center of Dresden. (pool, spa)
Embark on a two-wheeled journey along the Elbe River, following riverside bike paths flanked by stately castles, quaint villages and pretty countryside | Cycle through Saxon and Bohemian Switzerland national parks, marked by their distinct sandstone formations | Cross the border into the Czech Republic, pedaling rolling wooded hills to our elegant baroque château | Plan to stay and play in Prague at the conclusion of your Backroads trip.
Perched atop a forested hill overlooking the village of Mcely, this elegant 17th-century estate features a rooftop observatory and an award-winning restaurant. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next—and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do. LEARN MORE.
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
Germans are not only known for their passion for beer, but also for bikes. And that love of bikes has created an amazing labyrinth of bike paths and routes that extend throughout the country. Many of the paths we utilize on this trip are the equivalent of scenic byways, linking quaint villages and big cities alike. While we are on bike paths in larger cities, be prepared for the occasional rush of local riders as they commute and run errands. These wonderful bike paths are refreshingly car-free, which means that there are stretches of limited van support, although you'll still be supported by leaders on bikes. Although most of the paths are smooth and paved, there are some sections of interlocking bricks, gravel, cobblestone and hard-packed dirt that can be muddy during downpours.
Hotel Zur Bleiche Resort & Spa is a Premiere Hotel housed in a beautiful historic building. While it offers outstanding service and amenities, please note that it is not equipped with air-conditioning. Despite the region's generally temperate climate and cool nights, guestrooms can occasionally become warm during peak temperatures.