Wyoming's Yellowstone & Tetons Family Multi-Adventure Tour - Teens & Kids
National Park Geysers, Peaks & Canyons
In Yellowstone and the Tetons, the West is still wild. Geysers gush. Mud pots bubble. Sawtooth peaks reach for the sky. Bison graze in the meadows. Ospreys camp out atop awesome pinnacles. And we're getting wild, too! Hiking, biking, kayaking, rafting and more. Two national parks. Wild scenery. Wild life. Wild fun.
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Casual Hotels*
Special Kids Prices
Start Jackson, Wyoming, or West Yellowstone, Montana / End Jackson, Wyoming
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Walk into the geologic history of Yellowstone, while marveling at its famous bubbling mud pots, spouting geysers and steaming vents
- Paddle down the meandering Snake River on an exhilarating rafting trip—a splashing good time for all!
- Bike beneath the Teton Range's sawtooth-edged mountains amid shimmering lakes and dense forests—watch for eagles, bison and bears
- Explore the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, with its multicolored walls and the largest waterfalls in the park
6 Days Casual Hotels*
Hike through the heart of the park into the Upper Geyser Basin, taking in the sights, sounds—and smells!—of this fascinating wonderland | Kids will love seeing the fumaroles of Biscuit Basin and legendary Old Faithful geyser up close | Our cozy home for the night is an iconic lodge, built of local stone and wood.
Built in 1904 with a grand lobby seven stories high, "a spectacular log-and-shingle château that captures the moment the West went from wild to baroque," reports Travel + Leisure.
Behold the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, where waterfalls cascade over pastel-colored cliffs | A dynamic walk through alpine meadows and stands of lodgepole pines along the canyon rim provides breathtaking vistas deep into the gorge | Stay near Yellowstone Lake in prime bird-watching terrority.
Rustic log-and-timber lodge with jaw-dropping views of Yellowstone Lake's northern shore from the property's rocking chairs, ideally set on the main lodge's expansive porch.
Eagles and bison and bears, oh my! | Local guides lead the way on a kayaking excursion on Yellowstone Lake | Breathe in fresh mountain air while kicking back with your family under a vast Wyoming sky | Explore Grand Teton National Park, a paradise of wildflower-strewn meadows, shimmering lakes, thick forests and sawtooth mountains | Perhaps you'll opt for a horseback ride, scenic boat cruise or a fishing excursion.
Situated in the heart of Grand Teton National Park, with 60-foot picture windows for savoring views of the Teton peaks and the roaming moose, elk and bison. (pool)
Bike beneath the spine of the Teton Range as you follow the valley floor on quiet bike paths | Traffic up ahead—watch for roaming bison! | Adults explore the Wild West town of Jackson, while youngsters join the Kids Adventure Leader for some fun of their own | Ready to get wet? Paddle thrilling Class II and III rapids with expert river runners down the Snake River.
An upscale western-style lodge with plentiful amenities and a scenic location at the base of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next—and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do. LEARN MORE.
Note: On this Family Trip, our routes follow gentle terrain with very little gain or loss in elevation. Liberal van shuttling is incorporated into the itinerary and mileage is moderate to enable you to spend more time exploring on your own. Authorized Permittee of the National Park Service.
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
While the accommodations on this trip reflect the natural surroundings of the national parks and provide unparalleled access to the best activities in the area, they are simpler than is typical of Backroads lodging. Many buildings date back to the turn of the century and have only been minimally renovated, in accordance with park regulations. Old Faithful Inn, Lake Lodge & Jackson Lake Lodge have basic guest rooms that are not equipped with televisions or air-conditioning; breakfasts and dinners throughout the week may lack variety and tend toward simple ingredients. Overall, the service standards can seem slow and casual when compared with the hospitality found on other Backroads trips. Please note that internet and cell phone service are extremely limited throughout the parks.
The National Park Service limits the size of all groups and Grand Teton National Park doesn't permit guided hiking. Accordingly, in Yellowstone National Park you'll hike in small groups with Backroads leaders. In Grand Teton National Park you'll bike in small groups with Backroads leaders; however you'll hike without Backroads leaders or local guides. Your leaders will provide pre-walk briefings, maps and directions. We appreciate your cooperation with the parks' regulations.