Wyoming's Yellowstone & Tetons & Montana's Big Sky Family Multi-Adventure Tour – Teens & Kids
National Park Adventure from Bozeman to Jackson
The stage is set for a classic Western tale: rushing rivers, pristine forests, granite peaks and the alpine meadows of Big Sky Country. There's a brilliant supporting cast: beautiful horses, local wranglers, ranch hands and friendly Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Park rangers. Get ready for rafting, riding bikes and horses, hiking through canyons and gorges, a visit to Old Faithful and more. It's an epic adventure, and you and your family are the stars.
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Casual Hotels
Special Kids Prices
Montana & Wyoming
Start Bozeman / End Jackson
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Hike to Artist Point at the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone for a picture-perfect view of this spectacular geologic feature
- Paddle through exhilarating white-water rapids on Montana's Gallatin River with experienced guides
- Bike along a paved car-free path with expansive views of the Tetons and a chance to see wildlife
- Explore quintessential Montana ranchland while riding horseback alongside local wranglers, taking in memorable vistas from the saddle
6 Days Casual Hotels
Start your adventure with a splash! Paddle thrilling Class II–IV rapids down the Gallatin River with expert guides | Feel like you're in a movie? This part of Montana is where scenes from Robert Redford's A River Runs Through It were shot | Follow the rapids as they descend into canyons and conquer Mad Mile, the longest stretch of white water in the region | Meander into the beautiful Custer Gallatin National Forest on the back of a trusty steed | See the pristine beauty of surrounding ranchland, nearby Hebgen Lake and the Continental Divide | Spend the afternoon at our secluded guest ranch, soaking up the spectacular surroundings and vast open spaces of Big Sky Country.
Minutes from Yellowstone's west entrance, this rustic guest ranch is set on 200 acres with stunning mountain vistas. (pool)
Hike to the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, a hotbed of thermal activity where pastel-colored rocks mark the location of hot springs and steam vents in the canyon walls | Descend along Uncle Tom's Trail for an unforgettable close-up view of Lower Falls | Pause at Artist Point, one of the park's most dramatic (and photographed) vistas, where the canyon walls seem to frame the light perfectly.
Yellowstone's newest lodge, designed with an emphasis on sustainability, features reclaimed pine and stone accents.
Spend today in Upper Geyser Basin, a region of Yellowstone that features the largest concentration of geysers in the world | Journey along trails and raised boardwalks to take in the unique sights, sounds—and smells!—of this strange wonderland | Gaze up as Old Faithful, the most famous geyser in the park, erupts shooting water nearly 185 feet high | Encounter stunning mountain scenery and an assortment of wildlife in Grand Teton National Park, one of Wyoming's most spectacular destinations | Hike up to Inspiration Point for superb views of Jenny Lake, Jackson Hole and the Gros Ventre Range | Or enjoy a scenic boat ride across Jenny Lake followed by an afternoon relaxing by the pool | Soak up the panorama of Jackson Lake and the majestic Teton Range from the patio of historic Jackson Lake Lodge | Cycle along the border of the National Elk Refuge, a wintertime sanctuary for one of the largest elk herds on Earth.
Situated in the heart of Grand Teton National Park, with 60-foot picture windows for savoring views of the Teton peaks and the roaming moose, elk and bison. (pool)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-3
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next—and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do. LEARN MORE.
Note: Authorized Permittee of the National Park Service.
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
While the accommodations on this trip reflect the natural surroundings of the national parks and provide unparalleled access to the best activities in the area, some are simpler than is typical of Backroads lodging. Many buildings date back to the turn of the century and have only been minimally renovated, in accordance with park regulations. Canyon Lodge & Jackson Lake Lodge have basic guest rooms that are not equipped with televisions or air-conditioning; breakfasts and dinners throughout the week may lack variety and tend toward simple ingredients. Overall, the service standards can seem slow and casual when compared with the hospitality found on other Backroads trips. Please note that internet and cell phone service are extremely limited throughout the parks.
The National Park Service limits the size of all groups and Grand Teton National Park doesn't permit guided hiking. Accordingly, in Yellowstone National Park you'll hike and bike in small groups with Backroads leaders. In Grand Teton National Park you'll bike in small groups with Backroads leaders, however you'll hike without Backroads leaders or local guides. Your leaders will provide pre-walk briefings, maps and directions. We appreciate your cooperation with the parks' regulations.