MAKE IT PRIVATE!
Base price now offered with only 6 guests for 2020 trips. LEARN MORE
Charleston to Savannah Multi-Adventure Tour
Historic Architecture & Coastal Low Country
Sometimes you just need to slow down. Inhale the aroma of blossoming jasmine. Bike leisurely under shady live oaks draped in Spanish moss. Strike up a conversation over a glass of sweet tea. Savor the Southern charm of Charleston, Beaufort and Bluffton on the way to Savannah. Dine extravagantly. This is how a vacation is supposed to feel.
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels*
South Carolina & Georgia
Start Charleston / End Savannah or Charleston
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Amble through historic Charleston, Beaufort and Savannah, all rich with beautiful architecture, gardens and Southern charm
- Indulge in award-winning cuisine at Peninsula Grill in Charleston and authentic southern cooking at Mrs. Wilkes' Dining Room
- Paddle the quiet waters of Shem Creek along with local wildlife, including cormorants and eagles
- Luxuriate at Montage Palmetto Bluff—an elegant resort in an oasis-like setting, with amenities wrapped up in impeccable Southern hospitality
6 Days Premiere Hotels*
On a guided tour, explore the lovely historic district of Charleston with narrow brick alleys, hidden cemeteries, stunning architecture and flower-draped courtyards | Kayak among the shrimp boats in sea-grass lined Shem Creek, keeping an eye out for egrets, great blue herons and eastern brown pelicans | Dine in style at the acclaimed Peninsula Grill | Step back in time and peek into the lives of Charleston's 19th-century merchant elite with a guided tour of Nathaniel Russel House, a National Historic Landmark | Pedal through Mount Pleasant and past the grand mansions of Sullivan's Island on the way to historic Fort Moultrie | Soak up more of the charming culture of Charleston, the first city in the country to zone for a historic district.
Just steps from the Old Market, a "gracious hotel overlooking a garden courtyard in the heart of the historic district," according to the Hideaway Report. A Relais & Châteaux member.
Stroll on a boardwalk through a submerged cypress tupelo swamp forest where you may spot alligators | Over a Low Country boil, learn about the unique language, songs and traditions of the Gullah community—descendants of West African slaves whose cultural heritage has been preserved for generations.
In the National Historic Landmark District, a beautiful Greek Revival plantation-style inn with sprawling verandas and antebellum-era décor.
Meander through the beautiful neighborhoods of Beaufort on your way to Port Royal, along the Spanish Moss Trail | Bike from our luxurious retreat in Palmetto Bluff to historic downtown Bluffton | Visit the historic squares of downtown Savannah on a guided walk | Savor authentic Southern food at lively Mrs. Wilkes' Dining Room—okra, lima beans, sweet potatoes and some of the best fried chicken around.
Brimming with impeccable Southern-style service and amenities including a Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course and a 13,000-square-foot spa, pool and fitness center, this bucolic hotel is nestled on the May River within an award-winning 20,000-acre community. Travel + Leisure World's Best. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-2
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next—and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do. LEARN MORE.
Available Bike Options
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage