Charleston & Savannah Multi-Adventure Tour
Historic Architecture & Coastal Low Country
Couples, Friends & Solos
6 days 5 nights
Activity Levels 1-2
From: $4,299 - $4,549 pp dbl occ
($850 - $1,300 for sgl occ)
Sometimes you just need to slow down. Inhale the aroma of blossoming jasmine. Bike leisurely under shady live oaks draped in Spanish moss. Strike up a conversation over a glass of sweet tea. Savor the Southern charm of Savannah, Bluffton and Beaufort on the way to Charleston. Dine extravagantly. This is how a vacation is supposed to feel.
Georgia & South Carolina
Start Savannah / End Charleston or Savannah
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Amble through historic Savannah, Beaufort and Charleston, all rich with beautiful architecture, gardens and Southern charm
- Indulge in fine Southern cuisine plus experience an authentic Lowcountry boil as you listen to tales from our local friends
- Paddle the quiet waters of the ACE Basin in the company of local wildlife, including cormorants and eagles
- Luxuriate at Montage Palmetto Bluff—an elegant resort in an oasis-like setting, with amenities wrapped up in impeccable hospitality
6 Days Premiere Hotels*
Discover Savannah's wisteria-scented squares, oak-lined avenues and secret alleys on a guided walk | Pass through a tunnel of ancient oak trees as you enter Wormsloe Plantation historic site for a grand Backroads picnic | If you can’t get enough of Savannah by bike, continue riding to the peaceful Bonaventure Cemetery, which rests on a scenic bluff of the Wilmington River | Take in the untouched salt marshes and lush maritime forest as you hike through Skidaway Island State Park, stopping for a delicious picnic lunch | Be on the lookout for deer, egrets, fiddler crabs and other wildlife of this spectacular nature preserve | Settle into our luxurious retreat at Perry Lane Hotel and take advantage of all the amenities it has to offer.
Surrounded by oak trees draped in Spanish moss, this retreat in the heart of Savannah features antebellum architecture, elegant rooms and a rooftop pool. (pool)
Journey to the seaside town of Beaufort and learn about the rich Gullah Geechee culture of the surrounding islands | Ride along the Spanish Moss Trail for spectacular views | Spend time in Port Royal and visit historic Fort Frederick and Camp Saxton | Visit the historic Penn Center and learn about the language, songs and traditions of the Gullah community—descendants of enslaved West Africans whose cultural heritage has been preserved for generations.
In the National Historic Landmark District, this cozy inn offers luxurious rooms and stately style amid live oaks and beautiful gardens, along with easy walking access to Beaufort’s downtown and waterfront.
Kayak in the ACE Basin on the Ashepoo River, an area frequented by cormorants and eagles | Stroll on a boardwalk through a submerged cypress tupelo swamp forest, keeping an eye out for alligators! | Soak up the charming culture of Charleston, the first city in the country to zone for a historic district, and on a night out take your pick of amazing eateries in the state's culinary capital | Cycle through Mount Pleasant and past the grand mansions of Sullivan’s Island on the way to historic Fort Moultrie | Step back in time and peek into the lives of Charleston's 19th-century merchant elite during a guided tour of Nathaniel Russell House, a National Historic Landmark | With our charming local guide, explore the lovely historic district of Charleston with narrow brick alleys, hidden cemeteries, stunning architecture and flower-draped courtyards.
The service is second to none at this Charleston landmark. Oversized rooms, some with fireplaces and whirlpool tubs, come with modern amenities and European bedding. Travel + Leisure World's Best.
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy.
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Looks like you’re traveling with a smaller group
Our Private Trips are best for groups of 6 or more. We suggest joining a scheduled trip.
Please Select a Group Size
Group size is required to show per-person pricing. Your group size can be approximate and can change.
Activity Level: 1-2
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Please note that bike requests are subject to availability and prioritized based on the date they're submitted.
Click the gray arrow to see all bike options.
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage