Maine's Acadia Multi-Adventure Tour
National Park Adventure in the Northeast
From wildflowers to winding rugged shoreline, the lure of Maine's storybook landscape is calling. It's a place where mountain paths and centuries-old roads lead you on stunning adventures through state parks and charming harbor towns. And at the end of each day, Down East hospitality awaits at your waterfront retreats.
THIS ITINERARY: 5 days, 4 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Hike in Acadia National Park over granite staircases, through the Wild Gardens of Acadia and up to 360-degree views of mountains and islands
- Pedal along rocky coastline with waves crashing below and ascend Camden National Park's Mount Battie on foot for views of Penobscot Bay
- Explore the charms of seaside Camden with its historic homes and the yachts and lobster boats dotting Bar Harbor, the gateway to Acadia
- Indulge in the mouthwatering experience of fresh lobster and other sea-to-table delights while toasting Maine with fine wine and craft beer
5 Days Premiere Hotels
Your adventure begins with a hike up Mount Battie in Camden Hills State Park—behold 360-degree views of pine forests, Camden Harbor and Penobscot Bay | Duck into the woods for a descent through pine forest | Bike through coastal communities, rolling green countryside and Rockport, the state’s most picturesque harbor | Arriving in the heart of seaside Rockland, stroll the streets and perhaps visit the Farnsworth Art Museum and its collection of 18th- and 19th-century American art | Continue biking to Owls Head Lighthouse, dramatically perched on a cliff.
An award-winning restaurant, exceptional hospitality and plush amenities come together to create a "refined stylishness that balances classic with contemporary," according to Andrew Harper. A Relais & Châteaux member. Travel + Leisure World's Best. (spa)
Arrive at Mount Desert Island, home to Acadia National Park | Begin your exploration at Sieur de Monts Spring, featuring the Wild Gardens of Acadia | Hike up Emery Path, with its series of stunning granite staircases and views of Bar Harbor and the Porcupine Islands | Keep your heart pumping on the climb up Dorr Mountain, or return along a boardwalk to Sieur de Monts Spring through an airy birch forest | Get to know Bar Harbor, exploring its stunning coastline and original boutiques | Hop on your bike for smooth riding along Ocean Drive, with spectacular coastal vistas of Sand Beach's sparkling waters, dramatic waves crashing through Thunder Hole and Otter Cliffs’ jagged headlands | Bike along the rocky coastline and through the forests that surround beautiful Jordan and Bubble Ponds | For the most avid of cyclists, tackle the ascent up Cadillac Mountain | Stroll on Acadia's wild and scenic Great Head Peninsula | At Sand Beach, dip your toes in the chilly waters of the Atlantic Ocean.
Overlooking Frenchman Bay, this luxury lodge in downtown Bar Harbor offers numerous amenities. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy.
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-3
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
The hiking terrain we encounter on this trip ranges from gently rolling to hilly, with several steep longer climbs. Hiking trails are often uneven, with roots, mud, rocks and other obstacles. Please note that unpredictable mountain weather can make hiking conditions more challenging. The biking terrain on the Maine coast consists of constant rises and valleys, making our rides both challenging and highly rewarding. Use extra caution along the narrow trafficked roads, which offer minimal shoulders.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage