Provence to the French Riviera Multi-Adventure Tour
Nice to Saint-Tropez: Côte d'Azur & French Alps Foothills
Couples, Friends & Solos
6 days 5 nights
Activity Levels 2-4
From: $5,999 - $6,299 pp dbl occ
($1,650 for sgl occ)
Nothing is quite like the South of France. Nestled between clear blue skies and sparkling Mediterranean shores, it’s hard to ignore the allure. The glamour of the French Riviera. The sunsets on Saint-Tropez. Spend days looking at jaw-dropping vistas or meandering through picturesque villages. Spend evenings relaxing and dining by the sea. In the South of France, savor it all.
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Embark on an active journey in the Côte d'Azur from Nice, France’s legendary vacation city
- Bike in the foothills of the southern French Alps and amid the emerald-hued Massif des Maures
- Hike through tiny coastal enclaves and past jaw-dropping vistas to must-see Pampelonne beach
- Lounge by the sea à la Brigitte Bardot and sip pastis at sunset in ever-stylish Saint-Tropez
6 Days Premiere Hotels
High above the sea, bike through Préalpes d’ Azure Nature Park accompanied by expansive views of the French Riviera and Alp | Take pleasure in the splendor of the landscape as you pass forests, plateaus, gorges and villages perchés (perched villages) clustered on the hillsides | Visit St-Paul-de-Vence, where medieval walls capture more than 1,000 years of history | At Vence Chapel, see an artistic creation designed by Henri Matisse | Admire 360-degree views from the lovely village of Tourrettes-sur-Loup | Exquisite cuisine and world-class hospitality await at our Provençal hideaway.
Brightly lit rooms with refined décor are distributed among seven luxurious villas surrounded by the iconic sun-bathed landscape of Provence. A Relais & Châteaux member. (pool, spa)
Take in views of the glittering blue sea as you journey toward Cannes | Leisurely explore a city known for its star-studded film festival, luxurious hotels and excellent cuisine | Walk along La Croisette, a seaside promenade that hosts the Cannes Film Festival | Enjoy dinner as you watch the sun set over the expansive Bay of Cannes.
Splendid in décor and location, this seaside property overlooks the Mediterranean Sea and is a celebrity favorite featuring chic rooms with balconies. A Small Luxury Hotels of the World member. (pool, spa)
Pedal through the lush green of the Massif de Maures Mountains, densely vegetated with cork, oak and holly trees | Ride through La Plaine des Maures Natural Park, a distinct landscape where limestone hills, sandstone outcrops and sparse scrubland have created savannah-like scenery | Boat to take in the legendary St-Tropez, jewel of the French Riviera | Enjoy views from the red-toned Massif de l’Esterel mountain range | Cool off after biking with water activities at Figueirette beach | Treat your palate to a fabulous farewell dinner at our stylish beachside hotel.
This waterfront Small Luxury Hotels of the World member dazzles with sensational sea views, luxe gem-hued décor and canopied lounge beds on its sunny terrace. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 2-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip. (click the arrow to see all available options) *E-bikes and Carbon bikes are subject to availability. Requests will be prioritized based on the date they're submitted.
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage