MAKE IT PRIVATE!
Base price now offered with only 6 guests for 2020 trips. LEARN MORE
Chile Family Multi-Adventure Tour - Older Teens & 20s
National Parks - Lakes, Volcanoes & Culture
From every angle, Chile's Lakes and Volcanoes District elicits wide-eyed wonder. Stalactites hang in the depths of a volcano's core and smoke billows from its snowcapped peak. Sprawling forests bustle with unique flora and fauna. Sparkling rivers and glacial lakes meet rolling hills and the towering Andes. Wherever you turn, Chile's natural beauty inspires awe.
THIS ITINERARY: 7 days, 6 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels*
Special Kids Prices
Start Pucón / End Puerto Varas or Puerto Montt Airport
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Hike, bike, kayak and raft with stunning vistas of Villarrica, Mocho and Osorno Volcanoes, plus waterfalls, lagoons and the Patagonian Andes
- Venture into the remote sanctuaries of Huilo Huilo Biological Reserve and Parque Futangue—teeming with diverse flora and fauna
- Learn about ranch culture and polo techniques at an exclusive family ranch, plus experience wine pairings and delicious traditional cuisine
- Stay in the heart of protected nature reserves—walk out your door into the rain forest, to a lakeshore or onto the bank of a rushing river
7 Days Premiere Hotels*
In Pucón, behold smoking Villarrica, the country's most active volcano | Descend toward the Earth's core on a private tour of Villarrica's caves, passing otherworldly lava formations | Spectacular volcano and lake views unfold as we trek in Villarrica National Park | Receive a warm welcome from the Mayol family at their exclusive Santa Amalia Polo Ranch and see why the family is famous for their polo and rodeo traditions | Learn about ranch culture and polo techniques from the petiseros (horse workers) | Bike in forested countryside, through quiet towns and past farms growing berries and hazelnuts.
An exclusive and picturesque polo ranch set in the UNESCO-recognized Araucarias Biosphere Reserve on the edge of lovely Lake Colico.
Ride on the scenic Ruta de los Siete Lagos (Seven Lakes Route) tracing Lakes Calafquén and Panguipulli | Enter the magical rain forest of Huilo Huilo Biological Reserve, one of the planet's most valued eco-regions | Hike across the Fuy River and through a rain forest in the company of unique wildlife | Savor Chilean cuisine during a delectable wine-paired meal.
This uniquely designed hotel rises like a tree house in the middle of the temperate rain forest and inside, a spiral wooden staircase winds its way to the top. (pool, spa)
Raft down Fuy River rapids under a dense canopy of coihue trees with views of the southern Patagonian Andes | Explore Parque Futangue, a private nature reserve on the edge of Ranco Lake | Hike past turquoise waterfalls, footbridges and breathtaking lookouts to deep-blue Laguna Pitreco—jump in for a refreshing swim! | Continue on foot for 360-degree vistas of volcanoes, lakes and, on a clear day, the distant granite massifs of Argentina | For your final adventure, kayak on the calm waters of picturesque Laguna Pichi.
Surrounded by gardens, meadows and lush forest, this remote lodge is set within the borders of a private reserve. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 2-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next—and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do. LEARN MORE.
Available Bike Options
- All breakfasts, 7 lunches, 6 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
In order to experience the full grandeur of Chile's Lakes and Volcanoes District, we spend more time shuttling on this trip than on a typical Backroads trip. This enables us to explore the incredible variety of ecosystems and scenery this region has to offer. Rest assured, the views from these shuttles are spectacular.