Northern Vermont Family Bike Tour - 20s & Beyond
A Journey through the Northeast Kingdom
Just ask anyone in Vermont. The best things in life take time. Like leisurely biking amid the Green Mountains of the Northeast, serene valleys and pristine lakes. Savoring the fresh air. Trying hand-pressed apple cider and world-renowned breweries with the family. Peaceful winding roads. Handicrafts. It makes sense really, that perfection can't be rushed. Like this perfect family vacation in Vermont's Northeast Kingdom.
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels*
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Discover the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont, brimming with idyllic mountains, verdant valleys and crystal-clear lakes
- Bike quiet rolling roads past classic New England farms, quaint country houses, maple syrup stands and covered bridges
- Meet eclectic locals–organic farmers, musicians and historians are just a few of our friends
- Enjoy farm-to-fork produce, local cheeses, apple cider, craft beer and other local delicacies
6 Days Premiere Hotels*
Pedal through small-town Vermont, with classic New England scenery | Idyllic Stowe invites you into its historic downtown, full of handcrafted furniture stores and antique shops | Bike past farms, forested mountains and the meandering Winooski River.
This "120-acre resort has turned itself into the most sumptuous in Stowe," says Condé Nast Traveler. (pool, spa)
While in Vermont, a climb up Smuggler's Notch is a must for anyone looking for a biking challenge | Covered bridges and babbling brooks line our rolling route through the sleepy communities of Waterville, Belvidere and Montgomery Center | Make your way up to Jay Peak and feast your eyes on sweeping vistas.
Old chairlift towers, sheave wheels and tram cable are cleverly incorporated into the décor of this welcoming modern lodge at the base of Jay Peak Resort. (spa)
Ride into the heart of the Northeast Kingdom, cycling past rolling hills, lush pastureland and into maple country | Discover Willoughby Gap—a glacially carved formation made more impressive by the beautiful 320-foot-deep Lake Willoughby situated at its base | Enjoy farm-to-plate pristine family picnics with a backdrop of verdant scenery, aromatic evergreens and rolling hills | Crisscross through tiny rural towns on quiet lanes and peaceful farm roads | Explore East Burke—once a sleepy village and now a bustling outdoor enthusiast hub.
Built in 1904 this Neo Classical-style mansion is perfectly restored and features a wrap-around porch and expansive windows with lovely pastoral views.
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 2-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
Vermont's landscape is characterized by constant rises and valleys, and the continuously rolling terrain can make routes feel more challenging than the mileage may suggest. Also, the roads in Stowe can see higher traffic volume, and we may encounter occasional patches of rough pavement in Vermont.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 5 dinners, 6 lunches
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage