Provence’s Luberon to Côtes du Rhône Bike Tour
Southern France's Iconic Wine Regions
Couples, Friends & Solos
6 days 5 nights
Activity Levels 1-3
From: $5,999 - $6,449 pp dbl occ
($1,250 - $1,800 for sgl occ)
Delight your senses. Gaze across rippling meadows. Run your hands along cool ancient stone. Listen to the burble of a fountain while relaxing in a cobblestone square. Savor the taste of local figs, apricots and melons. Open the windows and let the scent of lavender waft towards you. Come alive as you ride at your leisure through Provence.
Start / End Avignon
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Journey through picturesque countryside to some of the most beautiful villages in all of France
- Pedal amid Luberon’s remarkable scenery exploring rolling hills, stunning lavender fields and Roman history
- Savor the sophisticated flavors of the local cuisine and enjoy small group wine tastings from four unique appellations
- Revel in Relais & Châteaux splendor, perhaps opting to enjoy an afternoon visit to one of the region's finest spas
6 Days Premiere Hotels
Travel to Buoux from a famous lavender area in the Luberon | Learn about the process of aromatic plant distillation and sniff delicately scented oils, candles and delicacies | Bike through rolling hills where oak groves and purple lavender abound | Unwind post-ride with a cocktail on the terrace of our fabulous hotel and enjoy a postcard-worthy view | Relish a gastronomic menu focused on fresh local ingredients.
Explore the Luberon’s villages-perchés (perched villages) including the historic hamlet of Bonnieux | Ride through Menerbes, the town Peter Mayle called home while writing A Year in Provence | Visit a local French market overflowing with gourmet delights | Bike across the Pont Julien, an ancient Roman stone arch bridge | Fall in love with the many shades of ocher-colored Roussillon | Linger in Gordes, where an imposing château keeps watch over neighboring towns | Pause en route to admire lovely medieval Sénanque Abbey | Sample local wine at an exceptional vineyard.
Set in the heart of the Luberon and surrounded by vineyards, this hotel features exceptional views and refined elegance. A Relais & Châteaux member. (pool, spa)
Travel to the Vaucluse plateau, toward the regions by Mont Ventoux and Drome Provençale | Bike through vast vineyards and orchards as Mont Ventoux rises in the background | Explore local villages in the wine region of Gigondas | Sample local vintages, including the full-bodied reds, whites and rosés of Châteauneuf-du-Pape, at a private tasting | Set off on peaceful roads past picturesque hamlets and vineyards to our splendid 16th-century castle-hotel | Linger on the terrace with an apéritif and outstanding views | Celebrate your last night with an indulgent French meal paired with local wine.
With elegant contemporary interiors and outstanding organic cuisine, this castle nestled in Côtes du Rhône vineyards was built in 1555 for a mistress of Henry II. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy.
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Looks like you’re traveling with a smaller group
Our Private Trips are best for groups of 6 or more. We suggest joining a scheduled trip.
Please Select a Group Size
Group size is required to show per-person pricing. Your group size can be approximate and can change.
Activity Level: 1-3
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Please note that bike requests are subject to availability and prioritized based on the date they're submitted.
Click the gray arrow to see all bike options.
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage