Oregon's Cascades & Crater Lake Bike Tour
Bend, Three Sisters & the Deschutes River
Now this is living! Sun shining. Kicking back on the deck of the lodge. The indescribable blue of the water. Thirty-four vigorous miles around the rim, with views of Crater Lake from every angle—each new vista better than the last. You're still mesmerized. You might even say you couldn't wait for tomorrow... if life weren't so perfect on our Oregon bike tour.
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels*
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Embark on challenging and exhilarating routes amid magnificent scenery in rugged Central Oregon's high country
- Bike McKenzie Pass, one of the most spectacular rides in the Pacific Northwest, showcasing stunning views of the Cascades
- Explore Bend, a former mill town turned adventure playground with more breweries per capita than anywhere in Oregon
- Skirt the rim of Crater Lake's world-famous caldera—one of Bicycling magazine's favorite rides—for breathtaking vistas
6 Days Premiere Hotels*
Our Oregon bike tour starts in the high desert landscape of Central Oregon | Hike amid the unique geology of Smith Rock State Park where cliffs and rock spires tower above the Crooked River | Revel in the majestic mountain views and rugged landscape where sport climbing was born | Ride to the Old West-style town of Sisters via one of Oregon's scenic bikeways | Western hospitality and plush amenities await at FivePine Lodge | Pedal McKenzie Pass, one of the Pacific Northwest's most beautiful cycling routes, past ancient lava flows and into a lush valley | Treat deserving muscles to a delightful hot-spring soak.
Soak up the elegant Western-style ambience at this lodge, nestled in beautiful surroundings and featuring a brewpub, athletic club and even a movie house. (pool, spa)
The grand Deschutes River and distant craggy Smith Rock provide a scenic backdrop for our bike ride | Explore Bend, Oregon's vibrant adventure capital | Thirsty? Cruise downtown to find out what's on tap at over 20 local craft breweries | Bike through the heart of Central Oregon on a locals' favorite route | Glistening alpine lakes share the expansive high-desert landscape with forests of pine, fir and hemlock | How would you like to spend the afternoon? Stand-up paddleboard or kayak on the Deschutes River, check out local galleries and shops or stroll peaceful riverside paths.
A luxury boutique hotel ideally located amid the shops, galleries, cafés and brewpubs of vibrant downtown Bend.
Welcome to Crater Lake National Park—ready to bike the iconic Rim Drive? | As you circle this enormous caldera on two wheels, admire the lake's intense sapphire color and amazing clarity | Each curve in the road brings another incredible vista, from the cinder cone of Wizard Island to the 9,000-foot peak of Mount Scott | Unwind at the lodge or explore the spectacular landscape on foot | Hike up Garfield Peak for a stunning bird's-eye-view of the lake and its surrounds.
Perched on the crater's rim, this classic national park lodge transports you to a bygone era.
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy.
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 2-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
Crater Lake Lodge is a historic national park property that offers simpler accommodations than typical Backroads lodging. It has been selected for its stunning location on the rim of Crater Lake, and its access to world-class riding. Although clean and comfortable, the guest rooms are basic and are not equipped with televisions or air-conditioning (nights are usually cool due to the high elevation). Generally speaking, service can seem slow and casual in national parks when compared with the high standards of hospitality found on other Backroads trips.