MAKE IT PRIVATE!
Base price now offered with only 6 guests for 2020 trips. LEARN MORE
Brittany & Normandy Family Bike Tour - Teens & Kids
World War II Landmarks & Majestic Mont-St-Michel
The stories are epic. Historic. From a quiet corner of France. Think Vikings. William the Conqueror. Faithful pilgrims. Allies landing. These stories really happened. But there's also the exhilarating present. Biking. Horseback riding. Kart sailing. Clearly "action-packed" is not a thing of the past.
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Casual Hotels
Special Kids Prices
Start St-Malo / End Caen
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Cycle into an action-packed adventure in a manor-dotted countryside and by the rugged coastline in northern France
- Contemplate the history and awe-inspiring architecture of Mont-St-Michel, perched on the world's strongest tidal flat
- Reflect on the past at Normandy's famous World War II battle sites and memorials, including the D-Day beaches
- Enjoy some grown-up time while kids have a blast on a land-sailing adventure on flat sand with coastal breezes
6 Days Casual Hotels
Start your family journey in Brittany's quiet countryside | Arrive by bike in stunning St-Malo, with its fortified city walls, and continue along the famed Emerald Coast | Kids set out on an exciting land-sailing adventure | Meander through medieval fortified Dinan and discover what's behind those half-timbered houses and narrow cobblestone streets | Sweet or savory? Young chefs learn to make crêpes, Brittany's beloved treat | Bike to the beautiful fishing village of St-Suliac | Take a sunset swim or stroll along la grande plage, St-Malo's spectacular main beach.
A Second Empire villa set in the heart of Brittany with easy access to the beach and to the region's best sights.
Sample the fresh catch in seaside Cancale, the oyster capital of Brittany | Explore the magical island monastery and cathedral of Mont-St-Michel on a private tour | Head into Normandy's Calvados département, known for its cider and cheeses | Relax or play in the gardens of our magnificent château-hotel.
Not far from the landing beaches, a charming 18th-century castle turned hotel surrounded by sprawling formal gardens and featuring a Michelin-starred restaurant. (pool)
Step back in time at historic sites such as Arromanches, famous for Mulberry Harbor, and Juno Beach | Kids saddle up for a scenic horseback ride | Grown-ups bike through a postcard-perfect Norman landscape, with apple orchards and stunning manors around every turn | Bike past bunkers of the German stronghold, Pointe du Hoc | Join a local historian for a private tour of Omaha Beach and the American Military Cemetery | Don't miss the 11th-century Bayeux Tapestry, depicting the Norman invasion of England | Ride to Longues-sur-Mer, once a section of Germany's coastal fortifications and now a fascinating site with spectacular views across the channel.
Dating from 1770, this centrally located former coaching inn is just steps from the famous Bayeux Tapestry.
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next—and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do. LEARN MORE.
Note: The minimum age required for kids to ride their own bike on this trip is 7+
Available Bike Options
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage