Protect Your Trip Investment, Your Belongings and Most Importantly, You!
Because Backroads adheres strictly to our cancellation policy, we recommend that you purchase travel protection. Backroads offers a Travel Protection Plan or you can acquire one through your travel agent.
The Backroads Travel Protection Plan includes benefits for:
- Trip Cancellation up to 100% of insured Trip cost for covered reasons
- Trip Interruption up to 150% of insured Trip cost for covered reasons
- Travel Delay benefits for covered delays (of 8 hours or more)
- Accident or Sickness Medical Expense for a covered illness or injury
- Emergency Evacuation/Repatriation for covered reasons
- Baggage (Lost/Damaged or Destroyed) and Baggage Delay (of 12 hours or more)
Our Travel Protection Plan provides coverage for trips booked directly with Backroads and pre-paid, non-refundable airfare to and from a Backroads trip, as long as the air travel dates are within 14 total days of Your Backroads scheduled trip dates.
Please note: This is only a brief description of the benefits and services included in this Plan. Plan benefits and services are subject to provisions, exclusions and limitations which may vary by state jurisdiction. This advertisement does not constitute or form any part of the Plan Document or any other contract of any kind.
The Travel Insurance Benefits are underwritten by: United States Fire Insurance Company.
Non-Insurance Services are provided by: One Call 24-Hour Assistance Services and Global Xpi.
Plan administered by: Trip Mate, Inc. (in CA & UT, dba Trip Mate Insurance Agency) 9225 Ward Parkway, Suite 200, Kansas City, MO 64114, 1-800-888-7292.
Please see our Travel Protection Plan (for residents of all states except New York) for complete details of the Plan. Please note that the Backroads Travel Protection Plan is not offered for our trips to Cuba. Please contact your travel agent to find a plan with coverage in Cuba.
New York Residents Only, click here for Travel Protection Plan details.