Sedona Walking & Hiking Tour
Arizona's Red Rocks & Desert Retreats
Meet Sedona. A surreal red-rock country. Crimson cliffs and towering rock spires shift colors as the sun passes. Dry heat gives way to a brilliant display of twinkling stars. Hike through a vast vortex canyon. Slip into relaxation mode with soothing spa treatments and luxurious retreats. We invite you to get to know Sedona.
THIS ITINERARY: 5 days, 4 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
Start: Phoenix / End: Phoenix
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Marvel at mesmerizing red-rock formations and endless blue sky from luxurious desert hotels
- Explore art galleries and shops in enchanting Sedona, surrounded by canyons and desert scenery
- Experience a landscape of time-carved geologic features and painted with colors that must be seen to be believed
- Hike to Boynton Canyon's famed vortex site where twisted trees and strange rock formations pique the imagination
5 Days Premiere Hotels
Explore Red Rock State Park on foot, passing through a dramatic sandstone canyon and past thriving creek habitats | Follow the Kisva Trail, taking in the colors and scents of cottonwood, sycamore, Arizona alder and ash trees | As you cross dry creek beds and ponderosa pine woodland, behold nature's paintbox of reds and oranges splashed onto cliffs and buttes | Relax poolside at our idylic sanctuary in Oak Creek Canyon | Experience the desert hues of vibrant Sedona, encircled by deep canyons, pine forests and red-rock scenery | Hike past multicolored spires and mesmerizing sandstone formations | Admire the desert stars from an outdoor terrace at a resort surrounded by stunning cliffs and mesas.
The eclectic décor of this luxury resort draws from contemporary and Southwestern influences. (pool, spa)
Find yourself transported by the spectacular landscapes around Brins Mesa and Mescal Mountain | Visit rugged cliffs, desert gardens and towering monoliths | Hike deep into a sacred red-rock box canyon then rejuvenate in the luxurious pleasures of our secluded resort | Savor the flavors of Southwestern cuisine while dining alfresco under the expansive desert sky. Step into one of Sedona's famed energy vortexes with swirling rock formations and twisted tree trunks | Walk along trails lined with agave plants, manzanita and prickly pear | Explore the ghost town of Jerome, now a thriving artist community | For true pampering, spend some time at Enchantment Resort's luxurious spa | Look out on famous Chimney Rock and Cockscomb Butte from atop Doe Mountain's mesa.
This lavish desert oasis enjoys a one-of-a-kind setting beneath the dramatic vermilion-hued walls of Boynton Canyon. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-3
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next—and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do. LEARN MORE.
Note: The terrain on this trip ranges from level to rolling, with some steeper inclines. Well-established trails take us through a variety of desert landscapes where we often encounter rocky and sandy uneven surfaces. Operating under a Special Use Permit in the Coconino National Forest. Backroads is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
The US Department of Agriculture, which administers the US Forest Service, places restrictions on guided hiking within the National Forests. On Day 4 of this trip, we hike in Boynton Canyon where guided hiking is prohibited. Since your leaders will be unable to hike with you in this location, they will provide a pre-walk briefing, map and directions so you can explore the canyon on your own. Thank you for helping us cooperate with the USDA's regulations.