DESTINATION ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
There are currently special requirements for travelers to this region. Learn more.
Sardinia & Corsica Family Multi-Adventure Tour - Older Teens & 20s
Italian & French Mediterranean Isles
Follow exquisite coastal trails and kayak hidden coves in Corsica, the Island of Beauty. Escape to paradise at tranquil beachfront hotels styled to island perfection. Then voyage to Sardinia, where white sand meets the blue tones of the Mediterranean Sea. Bike across peaceful archipelagos. Off the distant coasts of France and Italy, a wildly enchanting family adventure awaits.
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
Special Kids Prices
Italy & France
Start Porto-Vecchio, Corsica / End Olbia, Sardinia
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Vacation amid the beautiful and elegantly rugged island landscapes of Corsica and Sardinia
- Hike and bike world-class routes from alluring coastal enclaves to traditional mountain villages
- Kayak, swim and snorkel under the Mediterranean sun in the azure waters of pink granite inlets
- Savor the fresh flavors of Mediterranean wine and cuisine at extraordinary seaside hotels
6 Days Premiere Hotels
Start your active family getaway in Porto-Vecchio on the French island of Corsica | Discover L'Ospedale, a typical Corsican mountain village | Hike amid lush pine forest and rocky peaks | Take in breathtaking views over the bay | While away the hours on a private beach and dine on Michelin-starred cuisine at our magnificent hotel.
Private seafront terraces, Michelin-starred cuisine, sophisticated modern design and an exclusive beach create an idyllic escape along Corsica's coastline. (pool, spa)
Ride unforgettable routes from Corsica's east to west side through the Alta Roca's heavenly alpine villages perchés (perched villages) | Stop in classic mountain hamlets like Zonza, San-Gavino-di-Carbini or Levie for a café and croissant | Admire the island’s rugged coastline and wild landscapes as you boat across the Valinco gulf to seaside Campomoro | Hiking trails bring you to tiny fishing villages and historic Genoese towers | The delightful village of Olmeto awaits | Kayak and snorkel with your family in crystalline waters and witness a spectacular underwater world.
Elegant, luxurious and serene, this beachfront hotel is surrounded by nature with a private golden-sand beach, lush gardens and sweeping views over the sea. (pool, spa)
Explore the ancient city center of clifftop Bonifacio | Journey across the strait to Italy's stunning Sardinia | Discover the secluded coves and turquoise inlets of La Maddalena archipelago | Quiet impeccable roads make for sensational cycling | Bike across the spellbinding island of Caprera | Step into the one-time home of Giuseppe Garibaldi, a pivotal figure in Italy’s history and unification | Continue your adventure in the traditional village of San Pantaleo | Hike to Costa Smeralda, a natural wonderland | Follow scenic trails flanked by pine trees | Rest and relax by the sea at our retreat on Sardinia's coast, where isolated beaches and sorbet-hued granite rocks meet sparkling blue lagoons.
Overlooking the most beautiful bay in Costa Smeralda, this glamorous hotel—a film location for 007: The Spy Who Loved Me—has everything you need for a vibrant Mediterranean vacation. (pool)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy.
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 2-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
To bring you to our favorite parts of Corsica and Sardinia, we make liberal use of shuttles and boats on this trip. So although you'll ride in a shuttle or boat on most days, consider it an opportunity to view some spectacular scenery while resting your legs in preparation for your next activity.