Aspen's Glacial Valleys Bike Tour - 4-Day Getaway
Chic Lodging & World-Class Cycling in the Colorado Rocky Mountains
Experience the lure of America's most luxurious mountain town on this four-day getaway. Since the 1950s, Aspen has been a cozy community of artists, outdoor enthusiasts, foodies and lovers of the good life. We want to introduce you to all of Aspen, including its wilder side. Ghost towns and jagged peaks. The Elk Mountains. Serpentine roads winding through deep forests. This is what Aspen is about: the balance between the rugged and the refined. Enjoy outdoor adventures by day and edible delights by night on our Aspen, Colorado bike tour.
THIS ITINERARY: 4 days, 3 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Discover the vibrant social life of Aspen, a chic getaway for outdoor adventurers and lovers of the finer things in life
- Bike winding roads through the Elk Mountains, with snowcapped peaks and dramatic valleys as your backdrop
- Revel in the sumptuous luxury of our premiere lodging, Hotel Jerome, and enjoy the convenience of unpacking only once
- Indulge in all the options offered by downtown Aspen, with mountain biking, rafting, hiking, world-class shopping and more located at your doorstep
4 Days Premiere Hotels
Days 1-2 Cycle winding Castle Creek Road | Behold views of snowcapped peaks and dense aspen forests | Take a break from pedaling in Ashcroft Ghost Town | Savor the farm-to-table delicacies of Aspen’s trendy downtown | Bike along the car-free Rio Grande Bike Trail while taking in the stunning scenery | Discover the ranch and mining history of quaint neighboring communities | Relax in the hotel spa or enjoy the vibrant nightlife of Aspen, just steps away.
Days 3-4 Explore Aspen’s famous Maroon Bells, two iconic towering peaks, by foot or by bike | Lounge on the shore of shimmering Maroon Lake | Up for conquering Colorado's classic Independence Pass climb? Or perhaps a relaxing day in town is just your speed? | Enjoy the flexibility to shop or enjoy a spa day | Take your final spin of our Colorado bike tour along the Roaring Fork River | Not ready to say goodbye? Extend your stay in chic Aspen where mountain biking, rafting, hiking and more are right at your doorstep.
The epicenter of Aspen’s vibrant society nightlife for more than a century, Hotel Jerome is an elegant landmark that combines classic Colorado culture with sumptuous modern luxury. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 2-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
While we do offer shuttles over most of the significant climbs, the routes on this trip are hilly, with some significant elevation gains and losses. This, coupled with the high altitude, can make biking more challenging, but you're sure to finish each day with a great sense of accomplishment.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches, 2 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
Due to strict National Forest regulations, your trip leaders cannot hike or bike with you at Maroon Bells. However they will provide you with detailed trail descriptions, maps and directions so that you can explore these amazing peaks on your own.