Backroads Announces New 2020 Destinations
Berkeley, CA (June 13, 2019) Backroads, the leader in active travel, today announced new trips for 2020 and expands its collection of active adventure destinations to include places as far north as the Faroe Islands and Lapland, and as far south as Chilean Patagonia with Cape Horn. The company has also added new biking itineraries in popular regions like Northern Portugal, Croatia, Berlin to Prague, and exciting new hiking trips in Netherlands & Belgium and Israel & Jordan.
“Backroads has been at the forefront of the active and adventure travel industry for 40 years,” said Backroads Founder and President, Tom Hale. “Every year our research and development teams create trips to new and interesting regions of the world, expanding our offerings to suit every type of traveler. This year they’ve done that and then some. In addition to new locations, we’re also offering more trips in the off-season months and more winter trips to satisfy the trend of travelers looking to go further afield – or vacation closer to home – year-round.”
In 2020, Backroads will offer even more new ways to explore time-tested destinations, including:
Multi-Adventure Trips: The company’s hot Multi-Adventure Tour segment, a favorite for guests seeking a fun and easygoing mix of activity, is growing with itineraries that feature biking, hiking and more in favorite destinations including the French & Italian Alps, Switzerland and Sicily.
More Trips with Casual Hotels: In Norway, France’s Pays Basque and Spain’s Mallorca, Backroads now offers itineraries with Casual Hotels—the same high-caliber experience with welcoming but less extravagant accommodations that provide convenient access to trip activities.
Year-Round Departures: While warm locations like Costa Rica and Hawaii continue to be best-sellers in winter and shoulder seasons, Backroads offers an array of exotic and off-the-beaten-path destinations year-round including:
- Canadian Rockies Snow Adventure Tour
- Iceland Northern Lights Multi-Adventure Tour (also available with yoga)
- New Zealand (Biking, Walking & Hiking, Ocean Cruise and Multi-Adventure Tours available)
- Wyoming & Montana: Yellowstone & Tetons Snow Adventure Tour
Hot New Trips in 2020 – Europe, North America & Beyond:
- Berlin to Prague Bike Tour
- Chile Patagonia & Fjords Cruise Walking & Hiking Tour
- Croatia: Northern Dalmatia Bike Tour
- Finland & Sweden Northern Lights Multi-Adventure Tour
- Iceland & Faroe Islands Walking & Hiking Tour*
- Israel & Jordan Walking & Hiking Tour
- Netherlands & Belgium Walking & Hiking Tour*
- Northern Portugal & Douro Valley Bike Tour*
- Pays Basque Walking & Hiking Tour
- Scotland Bike Tour*
- Sicily Multi-Adventure Tour**
- Umbria to Adriatic Bike Tour
- Vancouver & Salt Springs Islands Bike Tour*
*also available for Families with Older Teens & 20s.
**also available for Families with Older Teens & 20s and Families with Kids & Teens
Backroads will also be adding more Active Ocean & River Cruise trips and continues to grow its Private & Custom Trips, providing guests with unlimited ways to explore the world actively. More information on all of Backroads new 2020 trips at our website.
About Backroads: Backroads was founded in 1979 by Tom Hale and has been a leading innovator in active and adventure travel for 40 years. The company hosts thousands of guests each year, 75% of whom are repeat guests or referrals from past guests, in hundreds of locations across the globe. Backroads is a founding member of the Adventure Collection. For more information, please visit our website or call 800-462-2848 daily, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Pacific time.
Backroads Media Contact: Liz Einbinder | Liz_Einbinder@Backroads.com | 510-292-2753