Utah's Zion Multi-Adventure Tour - Weekend Getaway
Southwest National Park Gems
Hidden waterfalls cascading across sandstone walls. Cool breezes blowing through deep slot canyons. Dramatic cliffs that catch the pink light at sunset. There’s something sublime in these landscapes. Hike from famous trails to forgotten footpaths through this desert landscape and see the brushstrokes of time and nature in every corner of every vista. The history of this country is awesome—and awe-inspiring.
THIS ITINERARY: 3 days, 2 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Casual Plus Hotels
Start/End St. George
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Cycle through a landscape of orange and white Navajo sandstone cliffs, a place the early Mormon pioneers called Snow Canyon
- Bike on the traffic-free canyon floor of Zion National Park, along the Virgin River and where red-rock walls tower on all sides
- Choose from carefree walks to treks through rivers to unforgettable climbs unveiling Zion's unparalleled panoramas
- Relax at day’s end on the banks of the river just behind our inn—sit under cottonwood trees or dangle your toes in the cool water
3 Days Casual Plus Hotels
Day 1 Our Southwest adventure begins with biking in Snow Canyon State Park, whose lava fields and petrified sand dunes have served as the dramatic backdrop in Hollywood westerns | After a gradual climb to the top of Snow Canyon, cruise downhill along burnt-orange cliffs of ancient Navajo sandstone covered with volcanic basalt | Take a dip in our hotel’s swimming pool, soak in the steaming hot tub or kick your feet up on the deck and enjoy the sound of the river.
Days 2-3 Hike in magical corners of Zion Canyon where park regulations don’t allow your Trip Leaders to accompany you—but don’t worry, your leaders provide everything you need to head out for an unforgettable day | You might choose a trek through the Narrows, winding through shallow water into the inner gorge of the Virgin River as it forges through rock in this granddaddy of all slot canyons | Small waterfalls and hanging gardens tumble down the canyon walls | Or maybe you’d like to stand atop Angels Landing, a sheer wedge of rock looming 1,500 feet above the valley, for 360-degree views | Embark on a bike ride through stunning (and car-free!) Zion Canyon—a perfect and peaceful end to your weekend getaway.
Guest rooms at this welcoming riverside lodge have balconies overlooking the stunning red cliffs of Zion. (pool)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-3
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next—and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do. LEARN MORE.
Note: The biking terrain on this trip ranges from level to rolling; some of the walking and hiking routes include a few steep ascents and descents with significant elevation gain and loss. Please keep in mind that the higher elevations, occasional headwinds and possible extreme variations in weather and temperature can increase the perceived level of difficulty of our activities in this region. Most biking and hiking routes take place between 3,000 and 5,000 feet.
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
In Zion National Park, the National Park Service limits where you can hike when accompanied by your Trip Leaders. Your leaders will provide pre-walk briefings, maps and directions so you can explore certain trails on your own. Throughout the trip, your leaders will give an orientation to the area's flora, fauna and terrain before your hikes. Thank you for helping us cooperate with the park's regulations.