Santa Barbara to Ojai Family Multi-Adventure Tour - Older Teens & 20s
Classic California & Ojai Valley Fun
Grab your flip-flops and bathing suit and follow the sun to the American Riviera! Set your own pace as we paddle, hike, surf and bike together within this dreamy landscape or take it easy with some downtime at our luxurious resorts. Go with the flow and soak it all up in style… this is where Californians come to have fun!
THIS ITINERARY: 5 days, 4 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
Special Kids Prices
Start: Santa Barbara / End: Santa Barbara
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Ride bike paths along the Golden State's coastline and winding roads within its neighboring valleys
- Travel through beach towns with historic sights, sandy boardwalks and views of the Pacific—the American Riviera!
- Kayak across Santa Barbara Harbor keeping an eye out for dolphins and seals who may pop up to greet you
- Hike amid striking white-rock formations in the wilderness that surrounds Ojai, then recharge downtown
5 Days Premiere Hotels
Cruise on a scenic bike path, enjoying sun, surf and pristine beaches | Pass through the spectacular neighborhood of Hope Ranch | Soak up the scene in Santa Barbara's Funk Zone, filled with galleries, surf shops and wine-tasting rooms | Hike among beautiful wildflowers through a lush canyon | Visit Old Mission Santa Barbara and its meticulously manicured grounds | Luxuriate at our Mediterranean-style resort set among lush tranquil gardens with stunning views of the Pacific.
Indulge and unwind at this elegant ultra-luxury resort, which opened its doors in 2019 and is set on 16 lush landscaped acres with an expansive private beach. (pool, spa)
For a uniquely Santa Barbara adventure, spend the morning on a sea-kayaking excursion in Santa Barbara Harbor, paddling through kelp forests while pelicans ride the currents above | Savor a bountiful picnic lunch on Rincon Beach | Cruise on two wheels along the Pacific coast, keeping an eye out for seals and surfers along the way | Bike along the Ojai Valley Trail, a car-free pathway that connects the seaside town of Ventura with inland Ojai | Settle in at our splendid resort, which features golf, multiple pools and expansive grounds | Go for a swim or indulge in a famous Ojai spa treatment before exploring the eclectic restaurants downtown | Discover Ojai, a flower-filled oasis brimming with small-town charm | Admire a rugged landscape dotted with sparkling white rock formations while hiking in the Topatopa Mountains | Savor the sweet smell of citrus as you pedal along back roads, passing fragrant groves of Pixie tangerines | Stroll through Ojai's art galleries and browse its outdoor bookstore | Taste olive oil and learn about its production at a local olive oil farm | Behold a famous pink-hued Ojai sunset.
Where Hollywood's glitterati come to be pampered! This stylish and historic resort offers something for everybody—including a luxurious spa and award-winning restaurant—in a beautiful park-like setting with hillside views in every direction. Travel + Leisure World's Best. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next—and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do. LEARN MORE.
Note: Surfing The majority of our routes are on bike paths but some sections are on roads with traffic. Bike lanes are common but you should feel comfortable riding with cars.
Available Bike Options
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage