Sardinia & Corsica Family Multi-Adventure Tour - 20s & Beyond
Italian & French Mediterranean Isles
Voyage to Sardinia, where white sand meets the blue tones of the Mediterranean Sea. Bike across peaceful archipelagos. Then follow exquisite coastal trails and kayak secluded coves in Corsica, the Island of Beauty. Escape to paradise at stylish beachfront hotels styled to island perfection. Off the distant coasts of France and Italy, a wildly enchanting adventure awaits.
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
Italy & France
Start Olbia, Sardinia / End Ajaccio, Corsica
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Vacation in the elegantly rugged and spellbinding island landscapes of Sardinia and Corsica
- Hike and bike world-class routes from dazzling coastal enclaves to traditional mountain villages
- Kayak, swim and snorkel in the turquoise waters of pink granite inlets under the Mediterranean sun
- Taste the flavors of fresh Mediterranean cuisine and local wine at extraordinary seaside hotels
6 Days Premiere Hotels
Discover the classic village of San Pantaleo, then make your way on foot to the natural wonderland of Sardinia’s stunning Costa Smeralda | Hike amid the pines on coastal trails | Quiet impeccable roads along the turquoise inlets and secret coves of La Maddalena archipelago make for sensational cycling | Traverse the off-the-beaten-path island of Caprera one two wheels | Visit the former home of Giuseppe Garibaldi, a pivotal figure in Italy’s history and unification | Settle into our seaside oasis on the Sardinian coast brings us past deserted beaches, sparkling sorbet-hued granite rocks and unbelievably blue lagoons.
Overlooking the most beautiful bay in Costa Smeralda, this glamorous hotel—a film location for 007: The Spy Who Loved Me—has everything you need for a vibrant Mediterranean vacation. (pool)
Cross the strait to the otherwordly French island of Corsica | Visit the ancient city center of clifftop Bonifacio | Hike a scenic coastal trail to a hidden cove | Marvel at breathtaking views over the gulf | Unwind on a private beach and dine on Michelin-starred cuisine at our luxurious hotel.
Private seafront terraces, Michelin-starred cuisine, sophisticated modern design and an exclusive beach create an idyllic escape along Corsica's coastline. (pool, spa)
Bike tranquil routes from the island's east to west side through charming alpine villages perchés (perched villages) | Stop in traditional mountain hamlets like Zonza, San-Gavino-di-Carbini or Levie for a café and croissant | Experience Corsica’s rugged coastline and wild landscapes from a new perspective—by boat! | Sail from seaside Campomoro across the Valinco gulf | From pristine hiking trails, admire fishing villages and historic Genoese towers | Kayak and snorkel and explore a spectacular underwater world in crystalline waters | Stroll through the delightful village of Olmetto or explore a unique landscape on horseback.
Elegant, luxurious and serene, this beachfront hotel is surrounded by nature with a private golden-sand beach, lush gardens and sweeping views over the sea. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 2-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next—and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do. LEARN MORE.
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
To bring you to our favorite parts of Corsica and Sardinia, we make liberal use of shuttles and boats on this trip. So although you'll ride in a shuttle or boat on most days, consider it an opportunity to view some spectacular scenery while resting your legs in preparation for your next activity.