Maine's Acadia Family Multi-Adventure Tour - Older Teens & 20s
National Park Adventure in the Northeast
The lure of Maine's storybook landscape is calling. Wildflowers and winding rugged shoreline. It's a place where mountain paths and centuries-old roads lead you on stunning adventures through state parks and charming harbor towns. And at the end of each day, Down East hospitality greets your family at waterfront retreats.
THIS ITINERARY: 5 days, 4 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
Special Kids Prices
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Hike in Acadia National Park over granite staircases, through the Wild Gardens of Acadia and up to 360-degree views of mountains and islands
- Pedal along rocky coastline with waves crashing below and ascend Camden National Park's Mount Battie on foot for views of Penobscot Bay
- Explore the charms of seaside Camden with its historic homes and the yachts and lobster boats dotting Bar Harbor, the gateway to Acadia
- Indulge in the mouthwatering experience of fresh lobster and other sea-to-table delights while toasting Maine with fine wine and craft beer
5 Days Premiere Hotels
Cycle among majestic firs, rocky coastline and dramatic surf in Acadia National Park | Pedal past Hadlock Pond, Jordan Pond, Eagle Lake and stone arched bridges on the park's famous network of car-free carriage roads | Spectacular vistas unfold as you bike past classic Acadia scenery like Sand Beach, Thunder Hole and Cadillac Mountain | Hike to Great Head for gorgeous views over the east side of Acadia and dip your toes in the chilly Atlantic Ocean!
Spectacular views and elegant accommodations await at this luxury boutique hotel on Frenchman Bay. (pool, spa)
Explore the understated beauty of Maine's coastline as you pedal along Penobscot Bay, passing quaint summer communities with classic New England cottages constructed in the 1800s | Stop for a picnic lunch and a refreshing swim at Norton Pond | Lounge by our resort's waterfront pool or grab the family for a game of tennis or croquet | Stretch your legs on a hike up Mount Battie in Camden Hills State Park for 360-degree views of lakes, Penobscot Bay and dozens of outer islands | Duck into the woods for a walk through airy pine forest | Hop in a sea kayak for a tour of Rockland Harbor, paddling by working lobster boats and keeping an eye out for resident seals | Explore Rockland Breakwater, a unique granite path that juts almost a mile into the bay with a 1902 lighthouse sitting at its end.
This luxurious coastal 230-acre retreat offers numerous amenities including a pool carved into the hillside with sweeping bay vistas and a premiere golf course. Travel + Leisure World's Best. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-3
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next—and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do. LEARN MORE.
Note: The hiking terrain we encounter on this trip ranges from gently rolling to hilly, with several steep longer climbs. Hiking trails are often uneven, with roots, mud, rocks and other obstacles. Please note that unpredictable mountain weather can make hiking conditions more challenging. The biking terrain on the Maine coast consists of constant rises and valleys, making our rides both challenging and highly rewarding. Use extra caution along the narrow trafficked roads, which offer minimal shoulders.
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
Acadia National Park prohibits commercial bike groups to ride motorized devices (including e-bikes) on their carriage roads. On one day of this trip we ride on Acadia's carriage roads; e-bike users will have to pedal their bike without the battery in this section. Your Backroads Trip Leaders will handle the remove and return of your batteries.