DESTINATION ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
There are currently special requirements for travelers to this region. Learn more.
Bali Family Multi-Adventure Tour - 20s & Beyond
Sacred Temples, Tropical Waters & Rice Terraces
It’s easy to find inspiration in Bali. You’ll see it among terraced rice fields and exotic temples. In bustling market towns and on beautiful palm-studded beaches. And among some of the most welcoming people you’ll ever have the pleasure of meeting. Come explore Bali with Backroads and your family in a way that few travelers experience.
THIS ITINERARY: 7 days, 6 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Enliven your senses in Bali, a world of striking natural beauty, captivating culture and exotic flavors
- Bike through friendly rural communities and outdoor markets, connecting with the bustling local life
- Relax at luxury retreats with five-star amenities from Bali’s lush tropical highlands to its spectacular coast
- Raft through a rain forest-draped canyon on the Ayung River, splashing in warm waterfalls along the way
7 Days Premiere Hotels
Bike unforgettable routes past rice paddies, villages and sacred pools | Go behind the scenes with our longtime friend and local guide | Ride through the bustling wellness capital of Ubud | Explore the surrounding picturesque hill country on a family bike tour | Raft the Ayung River, keeping an eye out for bright kingfishers and giant teak trees.
Nestled amid tropical forest within a lush river valley, this resort strives to capture the spirit of a traditional Balinese village. (pool, spa)
Pass through small villages while cycling along winding, jungle-lined roads | Walk to a shimmering waterfall hidden amid lush mountain slopes | Step back in time while hiking through the Sidemen Valley, known for its preserved culture and terraced countryside | Peruse a local market, taking in the vibrant colors, sights and smells | Prepare classic mie goreng in a private cooking class.
This boutique hotel enjoys panoramic views of terraced rice paddies, forest-laden hillsides and imposing Mount Agung. (pool, spa)
Ride to Bali’s sparkling east coast, with views of volcanic Mount Agung in the distance | Lose track of time as you lounge by our resort’s infinity pools | Unwind during an afternoon yoga class | Snorkel among colorful reef-dwelling fish as you explore the underwater world encircling small neighboring islands | Paddle a kayak through tranquil mangrove forests | Stroll through a nearby community, learning about everyday life here on a visit to a small family compound | Return to the hotel for a traditional farewell ceremony.
A tropical sanctuary featuring tiered infinity pools, luxurious accommodations and a private beach on Bali’s east coast. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-3
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches, 6 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
Bali is a beautiful destination with an enriching and unique culture, but it's also part of a rapidly developing country and travel here can be challenging.
Navigating Bali's crowded narrow city streets and rural roads on a bicycle is both a physical and cultural adventure that requires quick thinking, patience and humor (watch out for that scooter!). Though the route distances may be relatively short, the terrain, road conditions, heat and humidity, and the need to be alert can make activity more physically demanding.
While our trip emphasizes the idyllic Balinese serenity, it's impossible to fully avoid the bustling intersections and modern pace found here, complete with trucks, construction and litter—all serving as reminders that Bali is more than a peaceful Shangri-La; it's also a complex culture and economically evolving society.