California Wine Country Bike Tour
Napa & Sonoma Vineyards, Redwoods & Pacific Coast
Legendary vineyards. Soaring redwood forests. And the dramatic Pacific coast. This is Northern California. And for you, it's a fantastic week and an incredible journey. Wine tastings and gourmet meals enlighten your palate. Stunning scenery invigorates. And top-notch spas relax and rejuvenate... all in one remarkable place simply known as the Wine Country.
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
Start Napa / End Healdsburg
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Spin through five valleys of vineyards, enjoying abundant opportunities for wine tasting at sensational wineries
- Immerse yourself in Armstrong Redwoods State Reserve where the serenity of 1,000-year-old trees will enchant you
- Savor seriously good food, inspired by local vintages and the freshest California ingredients
- Take in the views as we cycle to the small town of Bodega Bay on the dramatic Pacific coast
6 Days Premiere Hotels
Sip, swish and cycle your way through Napa Valley | Taste world-class vintages at famed wineries along the Silverado Trail | Pedal through the quaint towns of Yountville and St. Helena before heading to our hotel oasis and world-renowned spa.
Set on 22 acres surrounded by the Mayacamas and Palisades Mountains, Solage offers a blend of urban chic and Wine Country casual. Pamper yourself at Spa Solage, followed by a delicious meal at Solbar. Travel + Leisure World's Best. (pool, spa)
Spend the morning cruising past celebrated cabernet grapevines | Take in the view of the Carneros Wine Region from the tasting room of Artesa Winery, situated atop a hill overlooking the vast expanse | Enjoy the area's pinot noirs before pedaling to Sonoma, the realm of bold zinfandels | Have a look around the Spanish-style Sonoma Plaza, then bliss out at our hotel's historic spa.
A posh 1920s replica of a California mission renowned for its natural mineral hot springs. (pool, spa)
Vineyards give way to eucalyptus groves and wide-open cattle country as you bike toward the ocean | Visit galleries, markets and tasting rooms in Sonoma County's vibrant towns | Pedal over windswept headlands to Bodega Bay, nestled along the dramatic Pacific coast | Relax while you take in the ocean views from our lodge's hot tub.
Overlooking Doran Beach State Park, a coastal retreat with sweeping bay views. (pool, spa)
Spin past rugged beaches before heading inland along the Russian River | Wander through charming Healdsburg—its tasting rooms and restaurants might tempt you to stay awhile | Sampling opportunities abound in Alexander and Dry Creek Valleys, where dozens of wineries line our route | Enjoy an undulating ride past manicured vineyards | A special farewell dinner adds a flourish to an unforgettable week.
Sleek and sophisticated, this hotel on the town plaza gets rave reviews for its contemporary interior and plush amenities. Travel + Leisure World's Best. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 2-5
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next—and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do. LEARN MORE.
Available Bike Options
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
California's Wine Country is a desirable destination, and some of our biking routes are popular with cyclists and drivers alike. While Backroads strives to find routes that are quiet and off the beaten track, some routes on this trip follow more heavily trafficked roads for a small portion of the ride. Of course, you're always welcome to jump in the shuttle to avoid the busier roads.