Vermont to Quebec Bike Tour
The Northeast Kingdom to French Canada
Just ask anyone in Vermont or Quebec. The best things in life take time. Like leisurely biking amid the Green Mountains of the Northeast, serene valleys and pristine lakes. Savoring the fresh air. Hand-pressed apple cider and world-renowned breweries. Peaceful winding roads. Handicrafts. It makes sense really, that perfection can't be rushed. Like this perfect vacation.
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels*
Vermont & Quebec
Start Burlington / End Montreal
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Explore two countries and cultures in one trip of idyllic mountains, verdant valleys and crystal-clear lakes
- Bike quiet rolling roads past classic New England farms, quaint country houses, maple syrup stands and covered bridges
- Roll through Quebec's enchanting Eastern Townships, where French is spoken and lush pastureland abounds
- Taste foie gras, fresh cheeses, apple cider, taffy made with maple syrup and other local delicacies
6 Days Premiere Hotels*
Bike through small-town Vermont, with classic New England scenery | Idyllic Stowe invites you into its historic downtown, full of handcrafted furniture stores and antique shops | Pedal past farms, forested mountains and the meandering Winooski River.
This "120-acre resort has turned itself into the most sumptuous in Stowe," says Condé Nast Traveler. (pool, spa)
A climb up Smuggler's Notch is a must for anyone seeking a biking challenge in Vermont | Covered bridges and babbling brooks line our rolling route through the sleepy communities of Waterville, Belvidere and Montgomery Center | Make your way up to Jay Peak and feast your eyes on sweeping vistas.
Old chairlift towers, sheave wheels and tram cable are cleverly incorporated into the décor of this welcoming modern lodge at the base of Jay Peak Resort. (spa)
Bid farewell to the Green Mountain State as we journey over the border to Quebec | Bike through Quebec's delightful Eastern Townships, pausing to meet artisans or to practice your French | Catch views of stunning Lake Memphrémagog while spinning along its eastern shore | Mont Orford rises above this verdant glacier-carved landscape | Cycle past charming summer homes and a vast shimmering lake | Experience warm Quebecois culture and mouthwatering cuisine, including poutine and duck foie gras | Ride south through gorgeous valleys and wooded hills, past sparkling lakes, picturesque farms and quaint villages | Journey to Montreal with its impressive architecture, cobblestone streets and proud French heritage.
Set on the shore of Lake Massawippi, this luxurious 1899 Georgian inn was modeled after George Washington's home in Mount Vernon. A Relais & Châteaux member. (pool)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
SMALL GROUP? TRY RENDEZVOUS | An extra leader and van for even more flexibility | Call us to book your Rendezvous.
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 2-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next—and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do. LEARN MORE.
Note: Vermont's landscape is characterized by constant rises and valleys, and the continuously rolling terrain can make routes feel more challenging than the mileage may suggest.
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 5 dinners, 5 lunches
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage