Vermont & Quebec Bike Tour
- Two countries and cultures; one trip of idyllic mountains, valleys and lakes
- Bike quiet rolling roads past classic New England farms, maple syrup stands and covered bridges
- Québec's enchanting Eastern Townships, where artisans abound and French is spoken
- Taste maple syrup, fresh cheeses, foie gras, apple cider and other local delights
- Québec City, with impressive architecture and French heritage - why not extend your trip to see it?
From the Northeast Kingdom to the Eastern Townships & Québec City
Perfection cannot be rushed. Just ask anyone in Vermont or Québec. They know their sublime Northern Appalachian landscape didn't turn up overnight. It took eons. Continents collided. Glaciers scraped. Weather scoured. Each step doing its part to create a masterpiece of rolling hills, lush serene valleys and pristine lakes. Logical really, that the best things in life take time. Like biking through this untouched part of North America. Savoring fresh air. Hand-pressed apple cider. Winding roads. Handicrafts. The perfect vacation.
Days 1-2 Bike through quintessential Vermont, with classic New England scenery Idyllically set Stowe invites you into its historic downtown, full of handcrafted furniture and specialty foods Pedal on peaceful roads, passing farms, forested mountains and tranquil lakes.
Day 3 Covered bridges and babbling brooks line our route north through the sleepy communities of Waterville, Belvidere and Montgomery Center Make your way up winding roads to Jay Peak and feast your eyes on sweeping vistas of Long Trail State Forest.
Day 4 Spin through Québec's enchanting Eastern Townships, where artisans abound and French is spoken Trace the eastern shore of beautiful 27-mile-long Lake Memphrémagog, rumored to harbor a sea creature Mont Orford rises above this verdant glacier-carved landscape Cycle past charming summer homes and an endless shimmering lake.
Days 5-6 Warm Québecois culture and mouthwatering cuisine, including fresh cheese, apple cider and duck foie gras Ride south through gorgeous valleys and past sparkling lakes, picturesque farms, craftsmen's stores and quaint villages In North Hatley, browse delightful galleries and antiques shops Shuttle back to Burlington or on to Québec City, North America's only remaining fortified city, with impressive architecture, cobbled streets and French heritage.
Topnotch Resort & Spa
Stowe (2 nights) This "120-acre resort has turned itself into the most sumptuous in Stowe," says Condé Nast Traveler. (pool, spa, tennis)
Tram Haus Lodge
Jay (1 night) Old chairlift towers, sheave wheels and tram cable are cleverly incorporated into the décor of this welcoming modern lodge at the base of Jay Peak Resort. (spa, golf)
North Hatley (2 nights) Set on the shore of pristine Lake Massawippi, this luxurious 1899 Georgian inn was modeled after George Washington's home in Mount Vernon. (pool, tennis)
Guest Reviews About This Trip
Great vacation. Neither of us wants to sit on a beach. This was a great way to see a part of the world we haven't been to, meet new people, eat great food and find out what our limits are (a lot higher than I thought).- Fallston, MD
Trip Dates & Prices
Please click on a date below for specific pricing and possible itinerary variations.
2015 CLASSIC DATES
- 7/5 - 7/10 ( $3498 per person, double occ., +$1030 for single occ.
- 8/2 - 8/7 ( $3398 per person, double occ., +$1030 for single occ.
- 8/16 - 8/21 ( $3198 per person, double occ., +$1030 for single occ.
- 8/30 - 9/4 ( $3198 per person, double occ., +$1030 for single occ.
- 9/4 - 9/9 ( $3198 per person, double occ., +$1030 for single occ.
- 9/13 - 9/18 ( $3398 per person, double occ., +$1030 for single occ.
- 9/20 - 9/25 ( $3498 per person, double occ., +$1030 for single occ.
- 9/27 - 10/2 ( $3498 per person, double occ., +$1030 for single occ.
- 9/29 - 10/4 ( $3198 per person, double occ., +$1030 for single occ.
- 10/4 - 10/9 ( $3198 per person, double occ., +$1030 for single occ.
Don't see your ideal travel date? Call us at 800-462-2848 for Private Trip date availability.
This Trip Is Rated Level 2-4
Routes For All Abilities
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next-and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do.
|Daily Route Options|
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
|miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain||miles||feet gain|
* Includes a shuttle
Private Trips Options & Pricing
Gather your favorite people to share a Backroads adventure on a ready-to-book Private Trip - featuring all the legendary Backroads hallmarks from expert leaders to unforgettable activities.
You can pick from a large selection of dates for your group of 8 or more. Call us for date availability.
If your party has fewer than 8 guests, or if your preferred date is not available, we'll create a departure just for you.
Pricing for Private Trips (prices may vary based on departure date)
|2 - 3 guests from $5,498 pp dbl. occ.||8 - 9 guests from $3,998 pp dbl. occ.|
|4 - 5 guests from $4,698 pp dbl. occ.||10 - 11 guests from $3,498 pp dbl. occ.|
|6 - 7 guests from $4,298 pp dbl. occ.||12 or more guests from $3,198 pp dbl. occ.|
All Private Singles-Solos trips require a minimum of 16 guests.