Classic Provence Bike Tour - For Families with Older Teens & 20s
Legendary Vineyards & Hilltop Villages
Family — Older Teens & 20s
6 days 5 nights
Activity Levels 2-5
From: $5,699 pp dbl occ
($1,200 for sgl occ)
Cherry orchards that come to life in the breeze. The flavors of the cuisine and the scent of lavender. The breathtaking clifftop villages of Gordes, Lacoste and Bonnieux. And the brilliant red colors of Roussillon. Indulging in local specialties at outdoor markets. A classic journey through Provence will make this your family's new list of favorite things.
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Cycle through perched villages, seas of vineyards and orchards—then opt to test your mettle climbing Mont Ventoux
- Discover historic Côtes du Rhône towns like Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Vasion-la-Romaine and Gigondas
- Experience Provençal life with your family in the ocher-rich and artist-adored villages of Gordes and Roussillon
- Relax at stylish hotels including Crillon le Brave, which serves up delicious Provençal meals and views of Mont Ventoux
6 Days Premiere Hotels
Bike with your family through the Côtes du Rhône wine country, tucked away between an alpine landscape and vast river-fed plains | Set off from the famous wine mecca of Châteauneuf-du-Pape past picturesque hamlets and vineyards | Peaceful back roads lead to our splendid 16th-century castle hotel | Linger on the terrace with an apéritif and outstanding views | Celebrate with a gourmet French meal paired with vintages crafted at nearby wineries.
With elegant contemporary interiors and outstanding organic cuisine, this castle nestled in Côtes du Rhône vineyards was built in 1555 for a mistress of Henry II. (pool, spa)
Opt to wander through the medieval city of Vaison la Romaine | En route to the viticulture towns of Séguret, Gigondas and Beaumes de Venise, bike along a wine route beneath the Dentelles de Montmirail, dramatic limestone mountains | Ride through the scenic foothills of Mont Ventoux, known as the Giant of Provence | Bike to Gordes, whose cobblestone lanes, shaded squares and chic cafés are sure to charm | Climb through the stunning Gorges de la Nesque canyon or tackle a pro route on majestic Ventoux | Discover the friendly squares and cafés of Sault, the lavender capital of France | Relax, play pétanque and revel in fresh Provençal fare at our exquisite hotel.
Flawlessly combining rustic charm and luxury, an "evocative country house hotel crowning an ancient hamlet, backdropped by Mont Ventoux," according to the Hideaway Report. A Relais & Châteaux member. (pool, spa)
Bike past atmospheric hamlets to Venasque, listed among the Most Beautiful Villages of France | The region's signature lavender perfume welcomes your family at every turn | Ascend a spectacular limestone canyon to the village perché of Murs | Cycle to ocher-hued Roussillon, adored by artists for centuries | Stroll stalls of fresh produce and locally made crafts on market day | Explore the Provençal treasures of Lacoste and Ménerbes, immortalized by Peter Mayle's A Year in Provence | The Luberon's plains and foothills line your final route through this stunning region.
Nestled in a tranquil forested setting outside of Joucas, the design of this elegant dry-stone oasis is inspired by the region's traditional architecture. A Relais & Châteaux member. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 2-5
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for bike options specific to this trip (click the arrow to see more). Please note that bike requests are subject to availability and prioritized based on the date they're submitted.
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage