Easygoing E-bike Tour Martha's Vineyard & Nantucket
Dolce Tempo Journey through Massachusetts’s Colonial Islands
Marvel at the deep-blue vastness of the open Atlantic. Dine in the Bay State’s classic island taverns. Maritime history comes to life as you stroll in Siasconset and e-bike to the cliffs of Aquinnah. In the world-famous summer resort of Martha's Vineyard, discover its colonial past.
THIS ITINERARY: 5 days, 4 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
Start Nantucket Town / End Vineyard Haven
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
Refreshingly Active Adventures
There’s no better way to experience the islands of Massachusetts than by bike. Linger at tucked-away beaches, breathe in fresh sea air and hop off the saddle to admire towering 200-year-old lighthouses.
Tour historic Nantucket, then sail across the bay to meet local artists in colonial Edgartown, the earliest European settlement on Martha’s Vineyard and home to incredible architecture.
Unique Hotels & Delectable Dining
It’s easy living at our luxury retreats in these bucket-list vacation spots. Start the day early with sunrise views over Nantucket Harbor, or idle over morning coffee in a 19th-century Gothic Revival inn.
5 Days Premiere Hotels
Downshift into island life on Nantucket | A gentle e-bike ride to Cisco Beach leads past 18th- and 19th-century sea captains' homes and lighthouses | Gardens, cranberry bogs, harbors and dunes enliven your route | Dive into the area’s maritime heritage at the Nantucket Shipwreck & Lifesaving Museum | Siasconset and Surfside beaches’ pristine stretches of sand beckon for a stroll along the Atlantic.
A "stylishly refurbished in-town hotel on a quiet waterfront, a brief walk from the historic district," noted Andrew Harper. (spa)
Soak up the rich history of Nantucket Town on a walking tour | A private boat transports us to exclusive Martha’s Vineyard | Colorful gingerbread cottages spill from the streets in the unique town of Oak Bluff | E-bike to the port town of Vineyard Haven via the stately homes of the West Chop peninsula | Arrive in Edgartown, known for amazing Greek Revival, Federal and Victorian architecture | Forests and meadows bookend a pastoral world in the island’s interior | Fond of art? Galleries tempt you off your e-bike with watercolors, photography and sculptures by local and world-renowned artists | Stop in Chappaquiddick to visit Cape Poge Light—the lighthouse's first keeper in 1801 was appointed by Thomas Jefferson | Soak in more salty air and ocean views on the way to Katama Beach | Before it’s anchors aweigh, savor a farewell lunch and unforgettable memories of Massachusetts’ delicious isles.
This 19th-century Gothic Revival home is now a country-style boutique hotel with lovely gardens. (spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Dolce Tempo: What to Expect
Our e-bike tours make adventuring by bike a breeze—perfect for beginners, occasional bikers, or anyone who is interested in exploring the world by bike. With dedicated Trip Leaders, support vans and GPS-supported routes, your day unfolds according to your agenda, not someone else's. Easygoing daily routes are typically 2-4 hours of biking per day, approximately 10-30 miles. Our custom electric-assist bikes* allow you to pedal effortlessly.
Available Bike Options
On this Dolce Tempo trip, most travelers choose to ride one of our custom titanium e-bikes. If you prefer to enjoy the daily rides without electric assistance, you can select another bike. See all options below.
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage