Backroads Trip Leaders: What We're Looking For
Simply put, we're looking for a diverse team of active, hard-working people who will truly enjoy getting to know our guests and delivering world-class service. The adventure travel experiences Backroads offers our guests are unique and extraordinary, and for that same reason we appreciate the diverse qualities and personality you bring to the table. Backroads is an intimate, worldwide community of adventurers, hard workers and grounded, inspiring individuals who have chosen to seize every day.
- 21 years of age or older
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record
- English fluency
- Legal work authorization -- what does that mean? See details here
- Ability to lift 50 pounds (22 kg), and 35 pounds (15 kg) above your head
- Ability to hike or cycle up to 8 hours a day
- Ability to drive for up to 8 hours a day.
- Full availability with limited time-off requests during our peak season, May 15th - Oct 15th
- In order to work in our European Regions, you must be proficient in driving a manual transmission vehicle (this is not required in any regions outside of Europe).
We invite you to look at the questions below. If you find yourself answering yes frequently, then we want to meet you! Life is —let's do this!
- Are you compassionate? Do you genuinely want to make others happy?
- Do you have a positive outlook on life? Do you see the glass as half-full?
- Do you have grit and enjoy working hard?
- Are you comfortable in your own skin? Are you ok making mistakes?
- Can you be dynamic and genuinely enthusiastic in a way that motivates others and makes them smile?
- Do you know how to read social situations and anticipate what people would like and need?
- Are you eager to grow? Can you offer and receive feedback graciously?
- Can you be a poised, articulate, professional representative of Backroads?
- Could you be as comfortable sleeping under the stars as dining in a 16th-century château?
- Do you have in-depth knowledge of any of our regional destinations and their natural and cultural history, food and wine, or other expertise?
- Are you a problem solver with a natural grasp of logistics? Can you think on your feet? Are you sharp and resourceful?
- Do you take pride in a job well done? Are you prepared, organized, and a logistical mastermind who also can keep the big picture in mind?
- Do you speak other languages? Or, if you're a non-native English speaker, do you speak English fluently?
- Are you ready for one of the most challenging and rewarding jobs you'll likely ever have?
Still unsure? Meet a few of our leaders.