Sedona Walking & Hiking Tour - 20s & Beyond
Arizona's Red Rocks & Desert Retreats
Welcome to Sedona. A surreal red-rock country where crimson cliffs and towering rock spires shift colors as the sun passes. Hike with your family through a vast vortex canyon. Relax with soothing spa treatments and luxurious retreats. At night, dry heat gives way to a brilliant display of twinkling stars. We invite you to experience it all in Sedona.
THIS ITINERARY: 5 days, 4 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Marvel at endless blue sky from luxurious desert hotels and mesmerizing red-rock formations
- Browse art galleries and shops in enchanting Sedona, surrounded by canyons and desert scenery
- Discover a landscape of geologic features carved by time and painted with colors that must be seen to be believed
- Hike to Boynton Canyon's famed vortex site where twisted trees and strange rock formations pique the imagination
5 Days Premiere Hotels
Hike in Red Rock State Park, passing through a dramatic sandstone canyon and past thriving creek habitats | Along the Kisva Trail, take in the colors and scents of cottonwood, sycamore, Arizona alder and ash trees | Behold nature’s paintbox of reds and oranges splashed onto cliffs and buttes | Lounge poolside at our idyllic sanctuary in Oak Creek Canyon | Admire the desert hues of vibrant Sedona, encircled by deep canyons, pine forests and red-rock scenery | Hike past multicolored spires and mesmerizing sandstone formations | Gaze at the desert stars from an outdoor terrace at your resort surrounded by stunning cliffs and mesas.
The eclectic décor of this luxury resort draws from contemporary and Southwestern influences. (pool, spa)
Be transported by the spectacular landscapes around Brins Mesa and Mescal Mountain | See rugged cliffs, desert gardens and towering monoliths | Hike along trails lined with agave plants, manzanita and prickly pear | Savor the flavors of Southwestern cuisine while dining alfresco under the expansive desert sky | Step into one of Sedona’s famed energy vortexes with swirling rock formations and twisted tree trunks | Walk deep into a sacred red-rock box canyon then rejuvenate in the luxurious pleasures of our secluded resort | Explore the ghost town of Jerome, now a thriving artist community | For true pampering, spend some time at Enchantment Resort's luxurious spa | Look out on famous Chimney Rock and Cockscomb Butte from atop Doe Mountain’s mesa.
This lavish desert oasis enjoys a one-of-a-kind setting beneath the dramatic vermilion-hued walls of Boynton Canyon. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-3
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
The terrain on this trip ranges from level to rolling, with some steeper inclines. Well-established trails take us through a variety of desert landscapes where we often encounter rocky and sandy uneven surfaces. Operating under a Special Use Permit in the Coconino National Forest. Backroads is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Daily Route Options
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
The US Department of Agriculture, which administers the US Forest Service, places restrictions on guided hiking within the National Forests. On Day 4 of this trip, we hike in Boynton Canyon where guided hiking is prohibited. Since your leaders will be unable to hike with you in this location, they will provide a pre-walk briefing, map and directions so you can explore the canyon on your own. Thank you for helping us cooperate with the USDA's regulations.