Wyoming's Yellowstone & Tetons Family Multi-Adventure Tour - 20s & Beyond
National Park Geysers, Peaks & Canyons
These places—from the Tetons' grandeur to Yellowstone's geysers—will astound you. Bike, hike, raft and kayak in these beloved parks, where sawtooth peaks loom above you, bison graze in vast meadows and sulfur-scented hot springs glimmer like jewels. The pure magic of Yellowstone and the Tetons must be experienced to be believed.
THIS ITINERARY: 6 days, 5 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Casual Hotels*
Start Jackson, Wyoming / End West Yellowstone, Montana, or Jackson, Wyoming
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Paddle through the twisting rapids of the Snake River with a professional white-water guide
- Pedal a spectacular route beneath the jagged peaks of the Teton Range, one of the most beautiful car-free paths in the west
- Hike in the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, a geologic wonderland and home of the park's biggest waterfall
- Experience thrilling sightings of wonderful wildlife in the air, on the water and across the land—have your camera ready!
6 Days Casual Hotels*
Welcome to Jackson, once the crossroads of American Indian trade and travel routes | Raft thrilling Class II and III rapids on the Snake River with expert river runners | Enjoy a Backroads spread in the scenic town of Wilson, founded in 1889 by author and Pony Express rider Elijah Nicholas Wilson.
"Jackson Hole's most design-conscious hotel, and the most eco-conscious too," according to National Geographic Traveler. Travel + Leisure World's Best. (pool,spa)
Bike through Jackson Hole with the jaw-dropping backdrop of the Teton Mountain Range | There's glorious hiking and a scenic boat ride to show off Grand Teton National Park, a paradise of flower-strewn meadows, shimmering lakes, thick forests and sawtooth-edged mountains.
Situated in the heart of Grand Teton National Park, with 60-foot picture windows for savoring views of the Teton peaks and the roaming moose, elk and bison. (pool)
Keep an eye out for wondrous wildlife, from elk to eagles and osprey to otters while pedaling along Jackson Lake toward Yellowstone National Park | After kayaking across Yellowstone Lake, pedal along its shore, taking in views of the Absaroka Range from both vantage points.
Rustic log and timber lodge with spectacular rocking chair views of Yellowstone Lake's northern shore.
Hike to the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, the park's most dramatic feature, where waterfalls cascade over pastel-colored cliffs | Open meadows lead to the canyon rim with a breathtaking look deep into the gorge | Watch as Old Faithful shoots thousands of gallons of water more than 100 feet into the air | Spot geysers, bubbling mud pots and steaming vents at Yellowstone | As you ride along the Madison and Firehole Rivers, savor the sights, sounds and smells of this strange wonderland.
Built in 1904 with a grand lobby seven stories high, "a spectacular log-and-shingle château that captures the moment the West went from wild to baroque," reports Travel + Leisure.
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-4
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next—and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do. LEARN MORE.
Note: Authorized permittee of the National Park Service.
Available Bike Options
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
We want to make sure you're on the right trip and that you have the best experience possible. Every Backroads trip is unique and this one is no exception.
While the accommodations on this trip reflect the natural surroundings of the national parks and provide unparalleled access to the best activities in the area, they are simpler than is typical of Backroads lodging. Many buildings date back to the turn of the century and have only been minimally renovated, in accordance with park regulations. Old Faithful Inn, Yellowstone Lake Lodge & Jackson Lake Lodge have basic guest rooms that are not equipped with televisions or air-conditioning; breakfasts and dinners throughout the week may lack variety and tend toward simple ingredients. Overall, the service standards can seem slow and casual when compared with the hospitality found on other Backroads trips. Please note that internet and cell phone service are extremely limited throughout the parks.
The National Park Service limits the size of all groups and Grand Teton National Park doesn't permit guided hiking. Accordingly, in Yellowstone National Park you'll hike and bike in small groups with Backroads leaders. In Grand Teton National Park you'll bike in small groups with Backroads leaders, however you'll hike without Backroads leaders or local guides. Your leaders will provide pre-walk briefings, maps and directions. We appreciate your cooperation with the park's regulations.