Santa Barbara to Los Olivos Family Multi-Adventure Tour - Teens & Kids
Beaches & Vineyards on California's Central Coast
Let loose on an unforgettable family adventure along the sun-drenched Santa Barbara coastline to the inland hideaway of Los Olivos. Cycle together along seaside bike paths and on quiet country roads. Hang ten while catching a wave. There's nothing quite like wiggling your toes in the soft white sand of California's Pacific coast. See you on the American Riviera!
THIS ITINERARY: 5 days, 4 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
Special Kids Prices
Start/End Santa Barbara
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Surf like a pro! Kids don wetsuits and learn to catch a wave while adults hike into a lush canyon wilderness
- Savor innovative farm-to-table California cuisine—more than a foodie experience, here it's a way of life
- Cycle along breezy coastal bike paths and follow winding country roads inland to discover secluded valleys
- Embrace the endless summer lifestyle as you paddle your kayak along the Pacific coast to see marine wildlife
5 Days Premiere Hotels
Begin your California family vacation in bucket-list Santa Barbara | Bike down palm-lined State Street and admire the terra-cotta rooftops and sun-soaked adobe façades of the city’s iconic Spanish-style architecture | Ride along the Pacific Ocean, passing surf breaks, rugged cliffs and elegant ranches | A picnic lunch on Goleta beach awaits | Kayak from the white sands of West Beach into gentle ocean waves | Paddle past lush kelp forest, keeping an eye out for friendly seals and the occasional dolphin | Hike a favorite trail to epic coastal views in the Santa Ynez Mountains | Our luxury oceanfront hotel and spa is the perfect place to unwind and connect | Kids get a special dinner of their own and grown-ups enjoy California cuisine at its finest.
An exquisite 78-acre property at the edge of the Pacific Ocean, featuring sea views, two natural beaches and a decadent spa. (pool, spa)
Kids catch a wave during a lesson while adults join a naturalist on a coastal walk | Hike through a wild mountain landscape to Gaviota’s fascinating limestone Wind Caves | Explore charming shopes in Los Olivos | Bike past a sea of vineyards in the Santa Ynez Valley, lingering over tastings of Central Coast wines along the way | Meanwhile the younger set ventures out on a fun horseback excursion | Get to know fairy-tale Solvang, a one-of-a-kind Danish village in the heart of Southern California's wine country | Relax and play at one of the region’s most historic properties, newly renovated with luxury amenities that are sure to wow | Follow a hiking trail in the foothills of Figueroa Mountain | Behold the Santa Ynez peaks at sunset.
Once a Gold Rush stagecoach stop, this luxury Auberge hotel in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley is now an impeccably restored wine country retreat.
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-3
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
The majority of our routes are on bike paths but some sections are on roads with traffic. Bike lanes are common but kids should feel comfortable riding with cars.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage