Charleston Multi-Adventure Tour - Weekend Getaway
History & Charm in the South Carolina Low Country
You’re in no hurry. Things move at a different pace here—from slow-cooked barbecue to afternoons spent enjoying the Southern sunshine. Bike the peaceful streets of Sullivan’s Island, or hop off at the sight of a shimmering beach. Hike through wetlands and spot lounging alligators. For a quick getaway, you’ll be amazed how much you find yourself slowing down.
THIS ITINERARY: 3 days, 2 nights
ACCOMMODATIONS: Premiere Hotels
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Walk and bike through the diverse Lowcountry wetlands, under shady oaks draped in Spanish moss and past grand mansions
- Explore historic Charleston and its rich beautiful architecture, hidden cemeteries and flower-draped courtyards—all wrapped in Southern charm
- Indulge in Charleston’s impressive culinary delights and feel pampered at our sophisticated hotel in the heart of the city
- Kayak through the quiet waters of Shem Creek along with local wildlife, including cormorants and eagles
3 Days Premiere Hotels
Day 1 Our South Carolina adventure begins with a shuttle to one of the largest undeveloped wetlands on the Eastern Seaboard | Explore the Caw Caw Interpretive Center—once home to enslaved Africans who carved rice fields out of cypress swamps, building the site's former rice plantations | Learn about the area's history and explore trails and boardwalks with chances to view waterfowl and songbirds | Back in Charleston, our charming local guide leads us on a walk through the city's historic district, which includes more than 1,000 pre-Civil War buildings | Enjoy fine Southern cuisine at one of Charleston’s famed restaurants.
Days 2-3 Tour National Historic Landmark Nathaniel Russell House, followed by a breezy ride through Mt. Pleasant | Take in the scenic views of Charleston Harbor, keeping an eye out for dolphins and osprey | Bike alongside the Intracoastal Waterway through Charleston's stately suburbs on Sullivan's Island | Wind through delightful Atlantic waterfront communities with elegant beachside homes, ending at Fort Moultrie, a key stronghold in the Revolutionary and Civil Wars | Relax at our elegant boutique hotel with distinctive Southern style | Kayak among the shrimp boats in sea-grass lined Shem Creek, keeping an eye out for egrets, great blue herons and eastern brown pelicans—a perfect end to our weekend.
The service is second to none at this Charleston landmark. Oversized rooms, some with fireplaces and whirlpool tubs, come with modern amenities and European bedding. Travel + Leisure World's Best.
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-2
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. We know your pace may vary from one day to the next—and your traveling companion's may differ somewhat from yours. So we present a range of mileage options, and each day you decide exactly what and how much you want to do. LEARN MORE.
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for your available bike options for this trip.
- All breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage