Maine's Acadia Multi-Adventure Tour - For Families with Adult Kids 20s & Beyond
National Park Adventure in the Northeast
Family — 20s & Beyond
5 days 4 nights
Activity Levels 1-3
From: $3,699 - $3,799 pp dbl occ
($900 for sgl occ)
From winding rugged shoreline to wildflowers, the lure of Maine's storybook landscape is calling. It's a place where mountain paths and centuries-old roads lead you on stunning adventures through state parks and charming harbor towns. And at the end of each day, your family is treated to Down East hospitality at your waterfront retreats.
Start/End locations may vary. Do not book flights until your trip details are confirmed.
- Hike in Acadia National Park over granite staircases, through the Wild Gardens of Acadia and up to 360-degree views of mountains and islands
- Bike along rocky coastline with waves crashing below and ascend Camden National Park's Mount Battie on foot for views of Penobscot Bay
- Explore charming seaside Camden with its historic homes and the yachts and lobster boats dotting Bar Harbor, the gateway to Acadia
- Indulge in the mouthwatering experience of fresh lobster and other sea-to-table delights while toasting Maine with fine wine and craft beer
5 Days Premiere Hotels
Discover the understated beauty of Maine's coastline as you hike up Mount Battie in Camden Hills State Park for 360-degree views of lakes, Penobscot Bay and dozens of outer islands | Duck into the woods for a walk through airy pine forest | Bike along Penobscot Bay, passing quaint summer communities with classic New England cottages constructed in the 1800s | Explore the charming shops and eateries of Camden | Lounge by our resort's waterfront pool or choose from one of their many activities—perhaps tennis or croquet.
This luxurious coastal 230-acre retreat offers numerous amenities including a pool carved into the hillside with sweeping bay vistas and a premiere golf course. Travel + Leisure World's Best. (pool, spa)
Bike among majestic firs, rocky coastline and dramatic surf in Acadia National Park | Have a splashing good time at Norton Pond, where we stop for a picnic lunch and a refreshing swim | Ride past Hadlock Pond, Jordan Pond, Eagle Lake and stone arched bridges on the park's famous network of car-free carriage roads | Spectacular vistas abound as you cycle past classic Acadia scenery like Sand Beach, Thunder Hole and Cadillac Mountain | Embark on an afternoon sea-kayaking tour of Bar Harbor | Before a celebratory picnic at a scenic spot in historic Belfast, hike to Great Head for gorgeous views over the east side of Acadia and dip your toes in the chilly Atlantic Ocean.
Overlooking Frenchman Bay, this well-appointed lodge in downtown Bar Harbor offers numerous amenities. (pool, spa)
The earlier you book, the more choice you'll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won't be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. View cancellation policy
Click on dates for pricing, itinerary variations and to book your trip. Price is per person, double occupancy.
Activity Level: 1-3
Every Backroads trip is designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests and fitness levels. Several routes and a range of levels are offered each day so you can choose how much or how little activity you want to do. Learn more about how we determine activity levels.
The hiking terrain we encounter on this trip ranges from gently rolling to hilly, with several steep longer climbs. Hiking trails are often uneven, with roots, mud, rocks and other obstacles. Please note that unpredictable mountain weather can make hiking conditions more challenging. The biking terrain on the Maine coast consists of constant rises and valleys, making our rides both challenging and highly rewarding. Use extra caution along the narrow trafficked roads, which offer minimal shoulders.
Daily Route Options
Available Bike Options
The key to a stellar day's ride is a bike that's perfectly in tune with your cycling style… Backroads has you covered with the best bike fleet in the world! Read on for bike options specific to this trip (click the arrow to see more). Please note that bike requests are subject to availability and prioritized based on the date they're submitted.
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage